[SOLVED] Weird Idle temps with Kraken x62 on 3700x

Azhureuz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014
So I have Ryzen 7 3700x on stock clocks and it is cooled by Kraken x62. My idle temps repeatedly circulate from 44 to 54 degrees. But when I do CPU load test, all cores run 100% and after like 10min. of testing those temps not going over 63 degrees:D. Isnt it weird that idle temps are close to full load temps ? Anyway it seems that AIO works just fine, just makes me kinda wierd feeling with those idle temps.

Last edited:
Solution
So I have Ryzen 7 3700x on stock clocks and it is cooled by Kraken x62. My idle temps repeatedly circulate from 44 to 54 degrees. But when I do CPU load test, all cores run 100% and after like 10min. of testing those temps not going over 63 degrees:D. Isnt it weird that idle temps are close to full load temps ? Anyway it seems that AIO works just fine, just makes me kinda wierd feeling with those idle temps.
It's your software (nzht) that is doing this. What is happening is the man of the cores are not in use and go into idle mode, and then the hardware monitoring software "polls" the idle cores by sending a wakeup call (small voltage spike) for a...

Justin Sisti

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Are you overclocking the CPU or using any aftermarket software to overclock?
Whats the CPU usage at idle?
Whats your ambient temperature?

Some softwares lock the core speeds when overclocking which would result in high idle temps.
Its also not uncommon to see a delta of 20C. I'm fully watercooled and see a delta of around 20-30C when load testing.

Azhureuz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014
Are you overclocking the CPU or using any aftermarket software to overclock?
Whats the CPU usage at idle?
Whats your ambient temperature?

Some softwares lock the core speeds when overclocking which would result in high idle temps.
Its also not uncommon to see a delta of 20C. I'm fully watercooled and see a delta of around 20-30C when load testing.
No CPU is not overclocked, room temps around 20C like avarage temps in house. Idle usage is from 5 to 10% max. And only software I am using is NZXT cam for info about speed, temps and vatage.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's your software (nzht) that is doing this. What is happening is the man of the cores are not in use and go into idle mode, and then the hardware monitoring software "polls" the idle cores by sending a wakeup call (small voltage spike) for a brief moment, the cpu core spikes during wakeup, and then settles back down into idle mode. Rinse, lather repeat.

Solution