[SOLVED] Weird Integrated and dedicated graphics problem.

TereTosss

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
So basically my computer was working one fine with integrated til one day I closesd it and the VGA wouldn't work anymore (black screen but PC was turning on)
Took it to a hardware shop and unfortunately I got a really bad dedicated graphics card and I really wanna use my integrated graphics card
I used the BIOS features and I resetted CMOS nothing worked and I checked the device manager for my integrated graphics card still nothing is there and on AIDA64 it says integrated graphics are disabled even tho they are and no trust me it's not a faulty BIOS I really need help please help me.
I will reply really quick and if you need any questions you can ask them and I will happily reply
(please help me fix this hell of a issue)

Solution
I noticed my ram saying 3.73 GB usable

8 GB - 3.73 GB = 4.27GB for VRAM. Since like i said, using iGPU will allocate some of your RAM to VRAM.

Dedicated GPUs come with VRAM on them, so that they don't need to use system RAM.

I got a really bad dedicated graphics card

When i 1st read that, i was thinking that perhaps you got some old and weak GPU, e.g HD 5450 or GT 730.

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290

Why did you get Quadro? Do you actually need Quadro for workstation use? Since Quadro isn't for gaming and it's drivers are really hard to come by.

In a nutshell;
Workstation use - Quadro (Nvidia) or Firepro (AMD)
Gaming use - GeForce (Nvidia) or Radeon (AMD)

AMD A4 PRO-7300B APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 GHz 2...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Intergrated GPU (iGPU) is inside the CPU and if it develops a fault, fixing it means replacing CPU.

Also, iGPU uses your PC's RAM for VRAM and you may have RAM issues as well, which disables iGPU. Running Memtest86 will show if you have issues with RAM.

Btw, full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) are?

TereTosss

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
Intergrated GPU (iGPU) is inside the CPU and if it develops a fault, fixing it means replacing CPU.

Also, iGPU uses your PC's RAM for VRAM and you may have RAM issues as well, which disables iGPU. Running Memtest86 will show if you have issues with RAM.

I'm so sorry I fell asleep here you go:
AMD A4 PRO-7300B APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 GHz 2 cores locked cpu
The bad GPU: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 11/14/2016 driver
Motherboard is HP 2215 AMD (https://www.amazon.com/MB-EliteDesk-705-Motherboard-751439-001/dp/B07M7PTGSL)
RAM is DDR3 8GB DRAM Frequency 800 MHZ
Windows 10 Pro
Power supply is https://www.amazon.com/QUETTERLEE-Replacement-702308-002-751885-001-D12-240P3A/dp/B08MWC5Y5J
(Sorry for sending links I cannot get ahold of the names from amazon, ebay, or any system information program E.G Speccy)

TereTosss

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021

Yes I also did notice a bit ram of issues and I noticed my ram saying 3.73 GB usable

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I noticed my ram saying 3.73 GB usable

8 GB - 3.73 GB = 4.27GB for VRAM. Since like i said, using iGPU will allocate some of your RAM to VRAM.

Dedicated GPUs come with VRAM on them, so that they don't need to use system RAM.

I got a really bad dedicated graphics card

When i 1st read that, i was thinking that perhaps you got some old and weak GPU, e.g HD 5450 or GT 730.

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290

Why did you get Quadro? Do you actually need Quadro for workstation use? Since Quadro isn't for gaming and it's drivers are really hard to come by.

In a nutshell;
Workstation use - Quadro (Nvidia) or Firepro (AMD)
Gaming use - GeForce (Nvidia) or Radeon (AMD)

AMD A4 PRO-7300B APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 GHz 2 cores locked cpu
The bad GPU: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 11/14/2016 driver
Motherboard is HP 2215 AMD (https://www.amazon.com/MB-EliteDesk-705-Motherboard-751439-001/dp/B07M7PTGSL)
RAM is DDR3 8GB DRAM Frequency 800 MHZ
Windows 10 Pro
Power supply is https://www.amazon.com/QUETTERLEE-Replacement-702308-002-751885-001-D12-240P3A/dp/B08MWC5Y5J

Based on that, you have old prebuilt PC, with proprietary MoBo and PSU. Also, the CPU (APU actually) in there is quite old as well.

My advice, look towards new system, rather than spending time, effort and money to get that running properly again.

E.g this build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($178.97 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($76.63 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L TUF Gaming Edition MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ B&H)
Total: $478.56

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-15 09:41 EDT-0400

I didn't put in dedicated GPU since CPU is APU and comes with built-in iGPU. Also, didn't add any storage drives since you should be able to reuse what you have (just format the OS drive). Oh, PC case is personal choice and feel free to change it. For time being, i put in nice small cube case, with good airflow.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm with Aeacus here. Any money you put into an entry-level pre-built from a decade ago that has had no real upgrades is wasted money at this point. I would also not go to that shop again if they charged you more than five bucks for that confusing GPU.