[SOLVED] Weird Issue : PC won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhirajsr

Reputable
Nov 15, 2020
I really appreciate your help because I'm really frustrated.

My PC didn't turn on at my house one day. No light's or Fans. I tried changing PSU, Cables, Plugs, Connectors etc . I took it to the repair shop and it worked perfectly everytime they start it ! .

I came back to my house and started it and it worked as normal! After 2 days another morning it doesn't start at all again ! Checked all plug pins in my house, checked at neighbor's house and still not turning on.

Went to the repair shop and it works fine ! They tested motherboard and psu said it was working fine.

If this is my area's electricity issue, how does it work when after coming back from shop?? I tried 2 different shops and worked on both.

Please Help. It's really tiring me.

Solution
check the back of the power supply sometimes they have a switch to switch between 120v and 240 v. check that out.

if your house has dirty power, meaning the voltages fluctuate harshly like overvolting or undervolting, then you might need a pure sine wave battery backup or inverter. because the power supply could be thinking its overvolting or something. so the power supply is protecting the pc. there was an episode of linus tech tips where they were testing out some computers and one didnt turn on because the room they were in had old wiring. i think it was one of the scrapyard wars.

here is a video that explains the whole sine wave things

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkwjMbUGmS4

computer_nugget2

Distinguished
check the back of the power supply sometimes they have a switch to switch between 120v and 240 v. check that out.

if your house has dirty power, meaning the voltages fluctuate harshly like overvolting or undervolting, then you might need a pure sine wave battery backup or inverter. because the power supply could be thinking its overvolting or something. so the power supply is protecting the pc. there was an episode of linus tech tips where they were testing out some computers and one didnt turn on because the room they were in had old wiring. i think it was one of the scrapyard wars.

here is a video that explains the whole sine wave things

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkwjMbUGmS4

Reactions: abhirajsr
Solution

abhirajsr

Reputable
Nov 15, 2020
My psu doesn't have a switch.

Also after I come from shop, it works for 2 days. If it's my voltage issue then this shouldn't happen right.

Thanks for replying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts