Feb 26, 2021
Msi B45M Gaming plus max
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce 3x
Tforce Nighthawk 3000 DDR4 8gb x2
Corsair 850 80+ Gold
4 case fans
Ryzen 5 2600x stock cooler

Hello,
I have a weird issue; So I decided to livestream for the first time on YouTube (usually on twitch) and my game kept crashing with both monitors being black aside from then cursor and the Taskbar icons on the streaming monitors. My ram was OCed through the MSI bios auto OC function at 2900mhz ( Turned it off after the second game crash) once I got back into the desktop I loaded up a program to monitor my hardware and loaded up the game.. full computer crash, loaded up again stress test (crashed during the graphics test with 10% max usage and no higher than a 60 deg temp) next crash was from sitting on the desktop..

Motherboard Temps never reach over 40, gpu never over 60 but I started to notice that my cpu had a higher idle clock and Temps after every system restart. (Never more than 4.2 ghz or 60 degree temp).. first restart 3.2 40 degrees, next restart 3.3 45 degrees & so on; Eventually ended up at a bluescreen with nothing reaching over a readable 60deg but the ram was physically hotter than normal, cpu heatsink physically hotter than normal, gpu physically hotter than normal.. Reapplied thermal paste (Only a month or two old) havent tried to boot it yet but thought I'd see if anyone has some ideas before I do.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: How old? Heavy use for gaming, video editing?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the game crashes.

Power down. Unplug open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Double check by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

What thermal paste "only a month or two old" did you use? How did you apply the thermal paste?

Feb 26, 2021
PSU: How old? Heavy use for gaming, video editing?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the game crashes.

Power down. Unplug open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Double check by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

What thermal paste "only a month or two old" did you use? How did you apply the thermal paste?
PSU: About a year and a half mostly used for Video recording and editing at 1080P 60FPS. Once a week used for Gaming at 1080P low settings, stream outputting at 720P 60 fps and recording at 1080P 60fps at the same time.

I'll check the history when I'm off work.

I clean out the dust pretty frequently.

Everything seems firmly clicked in place and screwed down.

Pea sized dot in the middle of the chip with corsair TM30.

I forgot to mention that the cpu usage was rapidly jumping from 10% & 50%.

Ralston18

Titan
You can observe CPU activity via Resource Monitor and Task Manager.

Use both but only one at time.

Remember you can sort data by clicking the small up or down arrows (when present) in the column headers.

Observe what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource. In your situation the CPU to begin with.

Reading back:

Installed RAM?

Disk drives: make, models, capacity, how full?

Feb 26, 2021
You can observe CPU activity via Resource Monitor and Task Manager.

Use both but only one at time.

Remember you can sort data by clicking the small up or down arrows (when present) in the column headers.

Observe what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource. In your situation the CPU to begin with.

Reading back:

Installed RAM?

Disk drives: make, models, capacity, how full?
I'm having an issue booting but ill try once I get this new issue fixed; The drives are a Samsung Evo M.2 NVME 500 gbs (About 50 gigs left) & A Seagate Baricuda 1.5TB mechanical drive (160 gigs left). The ram is Tforce Nighthawk DDR4 3000 8gig x2.

Ralston18

Titan
The drives are very full.

Very likely that files are being fragmented and thus causing performance issues.

Personally I limit drives to 70-80 % capacity.

You might try some housecleaning to remove unused apps and data. Temp files may be using lots of space.

For the HDD a defrag may prove helpful. (Do not defragment SSD's.)

In any case, before doing anything, ensure that all critical data is backed up, proven recoverable, and readable.

Then ensure that those backup drives are disconnected and/or off the network before commencing any file deletions or defragging.

Feb 26, 2021
The drives are very full.

Very likely that files are being fragmented and thus causing performance issues.

Personally I limit drives to 70-80 % capacity.

You might try some housecleaning to remove unused apps and data. Temp files may be using lots of space.

For the HDD a defrag may prove helpful. (Do not defragment SSD's.)

In any case, before doing anything, ensure that all critical data is backed up, proven recoverable, and readable.

Then ensure that those backup drives are disconnected and/or off the network before commencing any file deletions or defragging.
I didn't even think of that, right now I'm dealing with a VGA Debug light (Disassembled and reassembled the pc to get at any hidden dust, didn't remove the psu cables, everything has power. Tried another GPU same issue, tried a second PCI-E slot same issue, no signal to the monitors.