[SOLVED] Weird issue when watching videos in web browser ?

Oct 19, 2021
Hello.

I've been facing an issue where displayed video within Google Chrome browser scrambles the video. I usually need to refresh the URL for the video to display normally after it bugs.

Does any one have an idea what could be going on?
The laptop is ASUS ROG Strix Scar III G731GV.

Hardware Acceleration is set to ON.

This is how it looks like:

img1.png

img2.png

Does any one have an idea what would be going on?
The laptop is ASUS ROG Strix Scar III G731GV.

Hardware Acceleration is set to ON.

Last edited:
Solution
kernel power 41 means that the system was not shut down cleanly. I'll guess that these were your bluescreens. You need to examine the bluescreen logs to see what caused those.
If your still in your return period, you may want to take it back in case it is a defect which also gives you more time to troubleshoot the problem on the replacement if it still happens.
Oct 19, 2021
In Chrome settings, turn off hardware acceleration and see if that helps.

Thank you.

I have turned off hardware acceleration, and I am now testing it furtherly.
But would this not be an indication of a faulty GPU?

The computer was bought 2 weeks ago. I've also been playing games, and it has happend to me twice, that my game froze, blue screen occurred, and PC rebooted with Bugcheck 292 - Kernel-Power event ID 41.

Any further idea would be greatly appriciated.

popatim

Titan
kernel power 41 means that the system was not shut down cleanly. I'll guess that these were your bluescreens. You need to examine the bluescreen logs to see what caused those.
If your still in your return period, you may want to take it back in case it is a defect which also gives you more time to troubleshoot the problem on the replacement if it still happens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS