Question Weird issue with LG tv

koh1990

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
hello, I am facing a really weird issue. I just got an HDMI 5m cable so I can connect my desktop to my LG tv and watch videos there. The videos are playing fine but there is a major lag with the mouse movement. The weird part is that whenever I have a video playing there is basically no lag or just barely noticeable. If the video is paused the lag sometimes is unbearable.
I changed multiple dpi settings on my mouse and there is no difference on the lag. I tried all modes (gaming, cinema etc) on my tv and it’s the same with everything. I also checked if there is any power saving setting on on my tv but the only one available was off. Any guesses what could be going on?

Please tell us a little more about your setup. Is the mouse connected wirelessly by wifi or bluetooth to the TV or a computer? How far is it from the mouse to its wireless receiver, TV or computer? If its a computer, have all of the power settings been checked since Windows likes to disconnect devices whenever it decides on its own that the device hasn't been active enough?

koh1990

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
The mouse is working fine. It’s wireless fiw.i am using a 2nd monitor so i can see that it is working normally when i move it there. Its def not a connectivity issue. Like i mentioned, the weird thing is that when I press play on the video the mouse is working fine, the second I pause it it will start lagging and be back working fine if I press the play again. All this weird activity is happening on the TV screen. Everything on the monitor works fine