Question Weird issues with slow internet when adding devices ?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
I have a 600 megabit download and 25 up and everything has been great so far. My pc wired with ethernet is getting 500-600 down depending on the day and have had no issues whatsoever. A friend is over and is having issues with ethernet on his PC. He is only getting 20 down and about 8 up. Same thing with another friend. But I know its not my router as all my devices work great. My MacBook Pro getting 300 down from upstairs and my phone also getting 300 in a similar spot. I have tried messing with my friend's internet adapter properties but nothing has worked. There is no bandwidth limit set on the devices in router configuration either. All help is appreciated, thanks. ISP Modem/Router -> Asus RT-AC88U -> Friends PC with ethernet

kanewolf

Titan
I have a 600 megabit download and 25 up and everything has been great so far. My pc wired with ethernet is getting 500-600 down depending on the day and have had no issues whatsoever. A friend is over and is having issues with ethernet on his PC. He is only getting 20 down and about 8 up. Same thing with another friend. But I know its not my router as all my devices work great. My MacBook Pro getting 300 down from upstairs and my phone also getting 300 in a similar spot. I have tried messing with my friend's internet adapter properties but nothing has worked. There is no bandwidth limit set on the devices in router configuration either. All help is appreciated, thanks. ISP Modem/Router -> Asus RT-AC88U -> Friends PC with ethernet
Start by factory resetting the AC88U. Then set a minimum configuration. Just admin login/password and WIFI SSID/password.
Are you using the AC88U in router or in AP mode ?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Start by factory resetting the AC88U. Then set a minimum configuration. Just admin login/password and WIFI SSID/password.
Are you using the AC88U in router or in AP mode ?
I will try this when I get home, and I have used it in AP mode and normal function. Also when it goes ISP combo ~> Friends pc, I get the same issue