Question Weird keyboard lag?

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
When playing games, specifically Rainbow six Siege and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, my keyboard does this weird thing where the inputs register late. For example, I hold W to move forward and then suddenly press A to move left but it registers late. I noticed that the RGB element on my keyboard also stutters and freezes up when this input lag happens in game. I have made sure that I have the latest firmware and my iCUE is updated fully. The keyboard I have is linked below. I made sure that everything is updated, I also tried using the BIOS switch on the back of the keyboard as proposed on forums but that didn't fix the issue. I also tried this :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6SkmDVYUDk
but to no avail. I play at max settings at 1440p and Wolfenstein: Youngblood runs at 144 fps constantly. I'm not sure why this is happening as this does not happen in Destiny 2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B07DNKYHYW?th=1

Edit: Tried Siege again and the keyboard is working fine with no lag or stuttering. However the issue still exists with Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Another edit: Keyboard works better at lower frames, any fix? capping at 60 fixes the issue but I am playing at 144Hz...

Last edited:

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
So i tested this keyboard out across many games and it's fine, but when I play a game like Wolfenstein: Youngblood, my inputs take longer to "register" and the RGB effects start to lag out or flat out get skipped or stutter. I don't know what's causing this since I get 180 FPS in game, I tried capping this to 144 , 120 and nothing altered this. I don't understand why it is happening. I used DISM , I used the keyboard without the iCUE software, soft reseted the keyboard but nothing. What could i possibly do?

So upon further testing, in small areas there is no stuttering, the keyboard does just fine and there's no input lag, however, as soon as there are more objects in my field of view, for example, multiple enemies, a lot of buildings, etc. The keyboard starts to have issues, but as soon as i enter a part of the game where it is purely just sewers, the keyboard is fine. I'm not sure exactly what I could do, VSYNC isn't helping and I don't know what else I could try.

Edit2: Turned on Vsync and set frames to 100 and it is fine-ish but it's just a weird issue. If anyone has encountered a similar keyboard input lag related to FPS please post your solution.

Additional Information:

Specs: I5 7600K, RTX 2070 Super, 16gb Ram 3000Mhz, 2 SSDs, Asrock gaming K4 Z270 Motherboard, 144hz Montior. Playing at 1440p resolution.

Last edited: