[SOLVED] Weird LED on MSI Tomahawk B550

Feb 19, 2021
Hello guys!

I bought a MSI B550 Tomahawk two weeks ago, everything was fine until yesterday. The VGA led light is turning on even though there is no issue with it and also displays

How do I get rid of the red light? Sometimes it turns on, sometimes not.

Can anyone help me with this?

Solution
any BIOS update released is to either boost performance or correct issues that have been discovered. it is always a good idea to remain on the latest BIOS.

to be extra careful the only steps i would take is maybe waiting a couple weeks after release to see if any reports have arisen of problems with the update itself. in these few cases a newer "hotfix" version is usually released soon after.

as long as you do it correctly, there should be no issue with unsuccessful flashing\updating.
most manufacturers these days have made it very easy to do so with less chance of error than in the past.
Feb 19, 2021
small piece of electrical tape?

for some reason my ASUS board has a "everything's okay" light that is always shining. i just had to cover it up, really annoying.

it's possible that a BIOS update could fix the issue.
Thanks for your answer.

My problem is that the VGA led light is turning on which means there is a problem on my hdmi cable or graphics card. But the is that there is no issue. My desktop is able to display and I am wondering why it is turning on when there is no such problem occured.

Feb 19, 2021
Thanks for your answer.

My problem is that the VGA led light is turning on which means there is a problem on my hdmi cable or graphics card. But the is that there is no issue. My desktop is able to display and I am wondering why it is turning on when there is no such problem occured.
But the thing is there is no issue**

Feb 19, 2021
small piece of electrical tape?

for some reason my ASUS board has a "everything's okay" light that is always shining. i just had to cover it up, really annoying.

it's possible that a BIOS update could fix the issue.
I'm also considering updating the BIOS but I am skeptical about it because some of my friends are saying that it's dangerous when the update is unsuccessful. How do I prevent those "unsucecessful" circumstances?

any BIOS update released is to either boost performance or correct issues that have been discovered. it is always a good idea to remain on the latest BIOS.

to be extra careful the only steps i would take is maybe waiting a couple weeks after release to see if any reports have arisen of problems with the update itself. in these few cases a newer "hotfix" version is usually released soon after.

as long as you do it correctly, there should be no issue with unsuccessful flashing\updating.
most manufacturers these days have made it very easy to do so with less chance of error than in the past.

Reactions: Mengteezy
Solution