[SOLVED] Weird malware installed and i dont know how to delete it.

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
So about 2 days ago i got a warning that malware had installed on my pc. I ran a scan with Windows antivirus and it seemed ok but now im getting multiple problems that according to Google were caused by malware.vThe problems were for example: i can’t scroll up or down, Evert time i click on something on Google it opens a new window and i cant use any hot keys like ctrl-v or c
When i ran a scan with the free trial of malwarebytes it was saying that it found the infected files and quaranteened them but it didn’t fix the problem,
Are there any solutions that work except for resetting my pc?

D

Deleted member 14196

download Malwarebytes and scan with that. MS Defender can't deal with everything. Malwarebytes can do much more. Just use the trial version.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
download Malwarebytes and scan with that. MS Defender can't deal with everything. Malwarebytes can do much more. Just use the trial version.
Install Malwarebyte and do a scan. Clean them.

Do a Windows Defender (Use the Offline scan option).
He already said he tried Malwarebytes, but it didn't fix the issue.

Try uninstalling Malwarebytes and then running a smart scan with AVG. If the problem still isn't fixed, make sure your mouse isn't fried. If it isn't then it sounds like you have to re-install.

And, just out of curiosity - what was the virus named?

D

Deleted member 14196

Same, I have like 3 Windows 10 USBs

I don't trust any antivirus to fully sanitise a computer and I have so much stuff backed up that I consider my computer's operating systems disposable.
exactly! I have everything backed up to 3 different locations and also in the cloud. I don't ever worry about losing data. Now I have Macrium Reflect so I can restore a backup from any of the last 30 days so I don't have to install if such a thing were to happen.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Combofix from BleepingComputer.com is my go-to for cleaning common malware. Also uses Anti-Malware Bytes as part of the process, but you do this all from safe mode, tends to prevent crappy malware from running which takes steps to prevent itself from being deleted. Basically a one-two punch to stop the malware from running before it gets cleaned.

If that doesn't work, wiping the drive is the best method.

Makes it difficult to preserve files though. So at that point I would get a new USB drive, copy your personal files to it, then boot the computer without the OS drive into a Linux distribution (again you will want a clean USB drive for this, made with a different computer) and run anti-malware tools from there against your files (MBAM is an option, but that is complicated, something like ClamAV), before plugging that drive back into your freshly installed OS.

All those interventions and cleaning can damage Windows and still not guarantee complete cleaning. If there are (and usually there are) some critical personal data on disk, best way is to sanitize disk by safe erasing it (whole disk, not only C: partition), reinstall Windows from clean source and change passwords for everything used. Modern malware is now mostly about collecting (personal) data and less to just to make. damage.