[SOLVED] Weird memory issue?

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
Hello,

I recently build a PC, everything was fine until I saw that my RAM was running at a very low speed. I tried to change it in the BIOS and it just never worked, I had to reset the jumpers each time. I went to sleep and the next morning I saw that it's finally running at 3600MHz! I thought that's it but no, every day in the morning when I turn the PC on, it just doesn't post the first time, the RBG lights turn on, fans spin, as well as the CPU's but shortly after the CPU fan stops and that's it, just a black screen. I have to turn it off and on and it magically works. I think it's a RAM issue and I tried lowering the speed in the BIOS a little but it doesn't work and I don't want to lower it more as it'll reduce my performance. I'm not sure what to do...

MOBO: Asus B450-I Strix
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: G.Skill 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 F4-3600C18D-32GTZN
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)

Thank You

Solution
Hello,

I recently build a PC, everything was fine until I saw that my RAM was running at a very low speed. I tried to change it in the BIOS and it just never worked, I had to reset the jumpers each time. I went to sleep and the next morning I saw that it's finally running at 3600MHz! I thought that's it but no, every day in the morning when I turn the PC on, it just doesn't post the first time, the RBG lights turn on, fans spin, as well as the CPU's but shortly after the CPU fan stops and that's it, just a black screen. I have to turn it off and on and it magically works. I think it's a RAM issue and I tried lowering the speed in the BIOS a little but it doesn't work and I don't want to lower it more as it'll reduce my performance...
Hello,

I recently build a PC, everything was fine until I saw that my RAM was running at a very low speed. I tried to change it in the BIOS and it just never worked, I had to reset the jumpers each time. I went to sleep and the next morning I saw that it's finally running at 3600MHz! I thought that's it but no, every day in the morning when I turn the PC on, it just doesn't post the first time, the RBG lights turn on, fans spin, as well as the CPU's but shortly after the CPU fan stops and that's it, just a black screen. I have to turn it off and on and it magically works. I think it's a RAM issue and I tried lowering the speed in the BIOS a little but it doesn't work and I don't want to lower it more as it'll reduce my performance. I'm not sure what to do...

MOBO: Asus B450-I Strix
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: G.Skill 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 F4-3600C18D-32GTZN
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)

Thank You
You need to run your 3600 ram at 3200. Dual rank configurations need to run slower because of limitations of the memory controller on the CPU. Ryzen 2000 is limited to 2933-3000 in dual rank and Ryzen 3000 is limited to 3200-3333. Some people can get higher speeds after a lot of tweaking or if they win the silicon lottery on a CPU with a high quality memory controller that allows stable higher speeds.

If you were running 2x8GB you could run it at 3600 no problem. Otherwise the only way to get 3600 in dual rank is wait for Ryzen 4000 and hope that speed is support supported or use an Intel CPU.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution