Question Weird monitor and GPU problem on laptop ?

Jan 5, 2022
hi. i have a weird problem with my Monitors and GPUs.
i have a ASUS AMD R9 270x Dedicated GPU And AMD Vega 8 Graphics in my CPU.
i have two monitors. 1- "ASUS VN247h" This One is FHD. 2- some 22 inches HP monitor NOT FULL HD
i have a lenovo laptop

the problem is when i install AMD GPU Driver, my R9 270x gives me black screen in my ASUS monitor. but its fine in lower resolutions like in safe mode or any other low resolution inputs like DVRs OR DVB-T Receivers.
but the weird thing is that R9 270x Works with HP monitor perfectly.

also my ASUS monitor wont work with my laptop but HP monitor works with my laptop.
the other weird part is both monitors works with my Vega 8 Onboard GPU. and i can get FHD resolution in my ASUS monitor From my Vega GPU.
can you give me an explanation that why this is happening?
is my ASUS monitor have a problem or my R9 270x AND my Laptop GPUs outputs?

Last edited:
hi. i have a weird problem with my Monitors and GPUs.
i have a ASUS AMD R9 270x Dedicated GPU And AMD Vega 8 Graphics in my CPU.
i have two monitors. 1- "ASUS VN247h" This One is FHD. 2- some 22 inches HP monitor NOT FULL HD
i have a lenovo laptop
the problem is when i install AMD GPU Driver, my R9 270x gives me black screen in my ASUS monitor. but its fine in lower resolutions like in safe mode or any other low resolution inputs like DVRs OR DVB-T Receivers.
but the weird thing is that R9 270x Works with HP monitor perfectly.
also my ASUS monitor wont work with my laptop but HP monitor works with my laptop.
the other weird part is both monitors works with my Vega 8 Onboard GPU. and i can get FHD resolution in my ASUS monitor From my Vega GPU.
can you give me an explanation that why this is happening?
is my ASUS monitor have a problem or my R9 270x AND my Laptop GPUs outputs?
Which kind of connections on monitors ?

Jan 5, 2022
asus monitor has 2 hdmi and 1 vga. and they work with onboard gpu outputs that has hdmi and vga but they wont work with my laptop or my R9 270x outputs