Weird motherboard "damage" , what is that

Solution
It definitely looks like a circuit trace. It would be almost impossible to determine what it is used for. Best guess is that the PCIe slot next to it will have troubles. But it COULD be for anything -- USB port, Audio, SATA, anything.

Will the motherboard work? Maybe. Could you damage other components? Maybe. If that is a ground -- trace it to see if it connects to a place with a mounting screw, then you PROBABLY could use the motherboard. I probably wouldn't risk it.

kanewolf

Titan
It definitely looks like a circuit trace. It would be almost impossible to determine what it is used for. Best guess is that the PCIe slot next to it will have troubles. But it COULD be for anything -- USB port, Audio, SATA, anything.

Will the motherboard work? Maybe. Could you damage other components? Maybe. If that is a ground -- trace it to see if it connects to a place with a mounting screw, then you PROBABLY could use the motherboard. I probably wouldn't risk it.

Solution

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

A competent tech can fix this rather easily by soldering a piece of wire to connect undamaged portions of the trace. I would not use this board unless this is fixed properly.

Wow that is some damage to the copper track there, looks like a sharp screwdriver slip or something.
As said though. if you can see both ends of the track then soldering a wire from end to end over the break in it should get the board working again.

But I would not attempt to power the board up in the state it is at the moments for safety.