Question Weird PC behavior after boot! Need help!

Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone!
I have an issue with my 6 months Old PC build by CLX gaming
When I boot the PC sometimes boots straight into the BIOS, or tells me CMOS was reset please check settings in BIOS. Then after rebooting, PC boots into OS but then my Mouse freezes every couple seconds, then works again, then freezes again.. Keyboard and everyother usb device works.
I tried different mice, different usb port, driver updates/reinstall, heck I even did a fresh windows install again. In save mode mouse works perfectly fine. Anyways when I reboot the pc again there is a 50/50% chance that everything works now if not I have to reboot the PC for a 4th time and then finally everything works and the PC behaves as it never had any issues.
What could cause this behavior I basically got into a routine now to boot 4 times to be able to use the PC..
Oh and small update since yesterday my PC randomly started to boot by itself even though it was shut down and not sleep mode.
I went ahead and turned off fast boot and changed any settings in the BIOS to prevent it from waking up or booting via USB or system fault.. since then it seam to not boot by it self anymore but the other issues especially with the mouse freeze is still there..

Here are my specs:

Aorus z490 waterforce, (custom watercooled)
Intel i9 10900k (custom watercooled)
2x 2080ti nvlink (custom watercooled)
128 GB ddr4 RAM
3x 2tb m.2 nvme ssd
1200W powersupply

Exact reference of the RAM (part number) ? At what speed does it function ?
Exact reference of the PSU ?
I understand that you have 2 GPUs (2080ti); have you tried to take out one or both GPU (your CPU has an iGPU) and see what happens ?

Dec 19, 2020
sounds like you might have multiple issues there, could be a dead COIN battery to start off with - but some of the other issues point to a dying PSU or RAM issue. Is your system on a UPS, btw?
Yes thats what I thought too but the mainboard is only a couple months old so not sure how the battery can already be dead. In general the whole system is not older then 6 months. How would I test that the PSU is dying ?
For RAM I tested each individual stick and it has same behavior with each one.

Dec 19, 2020
I understand that you have 2 GPUs (2080ti); have you tried to take out one or both GPU (your CPU has an iGPU) and see what happens ?

I havent tried to take out both GPUs yet I will try that and keep you updated what happens! Thank you!
This is the PSU I have installed: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply 220-P2-1200-X1

This is the exact RAM kit I am using G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-128GTZN

Dec 19, 2020

Hi I just disconnected both GPUs and booted only with the integrated GPU and Issue still persists. PC took around 5 min to show picture then booted into the bios from there I exited and booted into windows. Mouse did work and PC installed some driver updates and asked me to restart after restart mouse keept freezing again while everything else works just fine. Weirdly when I disconnect the mouse and reconnect it it works for around 2-4 seconds then freezes again I can repeat that process. After rebooting PC same issue.. after rebooting for a 3 time mouse and everything works as nothing ever happened.

Dec 19, 2020
Okay so what I just realized is that out of my 12 usb ports (4 black ones, 4 blue ones, 4 red ones) only the red ones on the back work perfectly fine and the mouse also works without freezing on those 4. All the others the mouse randomly freezes every couple seconds. If I reboot the PC 3-4 times all ports work perfectly fine but again only 1 out of 4 boots the ports will all work. What could this be related too ? Could it be a bios update issue ?

Okay so what I just realized is that out of my 12 usb ports (4 black ones, 4 blue ones, 4 red ones) only the red ones on the back work perfectly fine and the mouse also works without freezing on those 4. All the others the mouse randomly freezes every couple seconds. If I reboot the PC 3-4 times all ports work perfectly fine but again only 1 out of 4 boots the ports will all work. What could this be related too ? Could it be a bios update issue ?
Most recent Chipset drivers ?