[SOLVED] Weird Pixelation in Most games

Pointerhill34

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I have had my pc around a year ago and during this time most all games have had very bad pixilation at medium-far distances. The games CSGO, Holdfast Nations at War, Rust, and Ark Survival Evolved just look like their running in 720p. A few games like Battlefront 2, Arma 3 and Stellaris either look normal or the pixilation is barely noticeable.

Hardware:
GPU: MSI Rtx 2080
CPU: i7 8700k (Not overclocked)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova G3 750 watts Gold
Ram:G.Skill Trident Z 32 Gb (2x16) DDR4 3200
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB SSD
Monitor: Asus 1980x1080 144 HZ (24')

Note: I know the monitor is "only" 1080p but I have played on 1080p through 2 pcs over 10 yrs and noticed nothing like this so I assume its a different problem. (Also I keep NVIDIA drivers up to date)

Last edited:
Solution
outlines shimmering like that is usually an issue with anti-aliasing not working correctly in certain games.
check if you have any additional AA settings turned on in Nvidia Control Panel. if so, disable them and see if it persists.

if still noticeable; try running DDU and removing everything GPU related. then reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia again.
outlines shimmering like that is usually an issue with anti-aliasing not working correctly in certain games.
check if you have any additional AA settings turned on in Nvidia Control Panel. if so, disable them and see if it persists.

if still noticeable; try running DDU and removing everything GPU related. then reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia again.

Reactions: Pointerhill34
Solution

Pointerhill34

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I have been in your boat for awhile, its an aa issue that is not Really fixable unless you wanna start tearing down your pc. I am getting a new 1440p 24’ s2417dg monitor. Since it’s an antialiasing issue, a higher resolution will help mask the effect. I researched this to death and there is such a high variety of answers. Some people replace their gpu an it fixes it, some people replace their psu and it fixes it, and some people get rid of everything and it doesn’t fix it. No one knows what exactly causes it, or if it was always there, but some ppl have success with upgrading resolutions. I have been in contact with Nvidia support for 3 weeks and no solution worked. So its really up to you where to go from here. I am getting a 24’ 1440p monitor that has a ppi of 123, I think the higher ppi will reduce the effect. If it doesn’t bother you enough to spend $350 on a monitor then don’t, and I dont have it yet so its not really proven personally, but others say it helps. Its up to you what you wanna do, this issue has been around since at least 2006 judging by posts. That’s my long, ramble on paragraph, all that’s left to say is try to ignore it, or start trying solutions mentioned in all of the various threads/posts.

TRENDING THREADS