Question Weird problem, monitor won't display when on standby ?

JCisme

Commendable
May 1, 2020
Whenever I turn on my computer while my monitor is on standby, the monitor refuses to display. Then after that, I have to usually unplug and replug the display port cable to get it to work again, as turning off and turning on my monitor does not fix it. Also, the VGA light turns on when this happens, and I have to restart my computer after turning it on to fix it. Maybe it is a weird hardware issue on my gpu, but I feel like that would be really weird so I don't know. It isn't a huge problem but I was just wondering what could be causing this. My monitor is a AOC C24G1A.

kaczan3

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
Same thing happens on my AOC,. Only on DP, but not HDMI, but I have to use DP because GPU has only one HDMI port that I'm using for my older monitor. I'm leaving my PC running, and for now I set the power savings in Windows to never turn off the monitor and it helped. The screen will go blank after some time, but it will come back normally whether I actually turned off the monitor or not.

JCisme

Commendable
May 1, 2020
Yeah both of our monitors are in the same series, and I never ran into problems when using hdmi with my laptop, so i guess it’s with AOc’s DP

Nov 11, 2021
Hey,
it's possible that the monitor is in Powersave mode or has a power issue.
Try (one again)to turn the monitor off, then the PC off, wait for 10 sec, make sure the charger is correctly plugged, and then try again to turn on first the pc then the monitor.
Another thing you can try is connecting your monitor to another pc to check if the problem is hardware or not.