Question Weird PSU

Aug 5, 2019
So 2 years ago i bought new (budget)PC and now i have an issue which i belive was caused by faulty PSU so i want to replace it.
Now i have a new problem because my PSU has only 3 connectors and all of them are connected to motherboard(4 pin connector, 6 pin connector and one more connector with 6 tiny holes), I tried looking online but i just couldnt find PSU with same type of connectors.Is there a way to change connectors or does anyone know any PSU model with those conectors?

Aug 5, 2019
What are the full specs of your system including new and old psu models?

Is this a prebuild from a company like HP? They are known for using proprietary connectors. You would need an adapter to use a standard psu.
I bought this pc from online shop and it was built by them.

My pc specs are: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU 3.30Ghz
MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
8GB DDR3 RAM
HP Compaq 8200 Elite motherboard (i guess)
and my PSU is 320W dps-320nb-1 a

Forgive me if this was intially a stupid question ssince i dont know much about PCs, i just play video games till it breaks down :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-ATX-Mai...ble-18AWG-for-Select-HP-Systems-/222544049727

What you are going to need is any new psu, but you will need this adapter to plug it into the hp motherboard. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-ATX-Mai...ble-18AWG-for-Select-HP-Systems-/222544049727

HP likes being nonstandard for no real reason.

I would suggest a corsair cx450 as a replacement psu. It will need that adapter tho.
Thanks a lot for helping me.
I just want to ask you if you think that its PSU problem too since it could be GPU as well.
So my screen for no reason goes black(not really black more like grayish) after installing gpu drivers and occasionally for a split second goes normal(while screen is gray led light on my monitor is still green but then screen completely goes black and led light changes color to red, than screen goes gray again and so on).When this problem first hapepned it wasnt just black screen, it used to blink a lot but now its just black and if i want my pc to work i need to boot into safe mode and disable gpu drivers.While all of this is happening my gpu is working, i mean fans are spinning normally.

Thanks a lot for helping me.
I just want to ask you if you think that its PSU problem too since it could be GPU as well.
So my screen for no reason goes black(not really black more like grayish) after installing gpu drivers and occasionally for a split second goes normal(while screen is gray led light on my monitor is still green but then screen completely goes black and led light changes color to red, than screen goes gray again and so on).When this problem first hapepned it wasnt just black screen, it used to blink a lot but now its just black and if i want my pc to work i need to boot into safe mode and disable gpu drivers.While all of this is happening my gpu is working, i mean fans are spinning normally.
That seems more of a gpu bug to me. Does your 750ti need a 6 pin power connector? Some do some dont.

Aug 5, 2019
That seems more of a gpu bug to me. Does your 750ti need a 6 pin power connector? Some do some dont.
Yeah I thought that it was GPU problem too but my friend who knows a lot about pcs and fixes them told me that it was most likely PSU problem even though he was really confused. We also tested pc with another older gpu(it requires more power than 750ti for some reason) and after we turned pc on it psu sounded like air jet engine.
And i searched it up on google and broken gpu screen artifacts are way different than what im experiencing.

Can you test your GTX750ti in another pc?

If your problem is the psu, your best option is to replace it with an identical unit.

320w is fine for your graphics card.
Your psu is not a standard atx psu.
Measure the dimensions of the psu at the rear. A standard ATX psu will be 85mm x150mm and varying depths of 140mm up to 180mm.
My reading shows your psu to be 95 x 150.
Possibly a ATX psu could fit and adding a
adapter cable could work.