Question Weird pump RGB LED issue Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Okay, not the end of the world, but this behavior suddenly started a few days ago and I cant figure it out.
Specs and setup, trying to make it brief:
Asus rog strix Z390 E-gaming mobo.
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R.
Built a new system 3 weeks ago including the above.
The led connectors from the fans on the radiator and the pump, goes into the argb led splitter provided with Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R and into the argb header on the mobo.
Fans pwr goes via a splitter into a fan header on the mobo.
Pump pwr to the aio header.
I have other fans and leds in the build but they use separate headers both for the led and pwr.
All leds synced and controlled with Asus Aura.

And heres the "issue" that came out of nowhere:

If I set the leds to a non-static behavior. Rainbow, color cycle etc. Shut down the system. Next time on boot everything lights up EXCEPT the leds on the pump. Until I get into Windows, then it lights up. If I do a soft restart the light is on during boot. So only gone during boot after a shutdown.

However, if I set the led behavior in Asus Aura to static colors, then the pump will light up during boot. Also after a shutdown.

This came out of nowhere. And its not exactly the computer crisis of the century, but its really bogging my mind...especially since the pump led is connected via the same splitter as the radiator fans and they DONT behave like this...

Any thoughts?

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
It just got weirder. Unplugged the ARGB cable from the mobo and plugged it in again. Now the pump lights up after a cold boot but the fans dont....
I think a leprechaun lives inside my PC and tries to drive me crazy...