Weird randomly occuring problem with display upon starting up. HELP!

CanOfWhoopass

Honorable
May 19, 2012
So i recently built a computer, and everything runs great. Got my software and drivers all loaded up. The weird thing that happens is that whenever i turn off my pc for updates, sometimes when i turn it on, there would be no video signal sent to the display. I won't even hear the windows startup sound, but my monitor would act weird. Normally, it turns off when there is no signal, but it just turns on as if it gets a signal, display a blank screen and say Display Port No Signal. Then go back off, then repeat and turn back on, over and over. My fix to this is just hit the reset button, and sometimes the bios screen shows up, and everything starts up ok. In general, I have to reset the computer 1-3 times when i get this weird problem , then everything runs ok. I'm talking everything is 100% ok.

Now a weird observation that i saw that might help with troubleshooting. When plugged into my receiver & projector thru hdmi, and when my computer restarted and I was having the same issue, I actually heard the windows startup sound thru my receiver's 7.1 setup! So ive concluded that this seems to be an issue with the display not shooting out a signal upon restart??

I was wondering if this might be a side effect with 4k? Below is my system specs. Help please!

Motherboard: ASUS X99-A ATX DDR4 3000 LGA Motherboard X99-A
Processor: Intel i7 5820k 3.3Ghz 6 core
Ram: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 Memory
SSD: Samsung Evo 840 500GB SSD
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
PSU: CORSAIR AX series AX860 860W
Monitor: Asus PB287Q 4K 60Hz 28.0" Monitor
^^^
part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Seebs/saved/bpMypg

When im my motherboard, I understand pretty well the basic settings, but when i go to the advanced settings, everything goes right over my head. Please advise! Thanks!

UPDATE: Just got a software update from ASUS for my motherboard and BIOS so lets see how that plays out.
UPDATE2: Looked at my motherboard while it was having the weird problem, and it was reading B2, which is the motherboard stuck on legacy option rom initialization.

CanOfWhoopass

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Oh ok ill try that! Maybe this has something to do with the issue, but i have another problem. Whenever my computer goes to sleep, or my monitor turns off, some windows tend to get resized. My icons would all move too. This is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. The iTunes would be at the top left, but i dragged it out so you can see the desktop icons.

http://i.imgur.com/annNTmT.jpg

CanOfWhoopass

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I updated my bios, and reset the bios settings to default. I pressed in my graphics card, and made sure all the connections were solid. Still getting this error, and having the motherboard stuck at the B2 status.

My solution to this so far, when being stuck in this status, is just reset the computer/power it off over and over and over until it boots