[SOLVED] Weird Ryzen 5 3600 CPU usage

Tinreo

Reputable
Mar 30, 2019
Hi,
My Ryzen 5 3600 CPU usage is behaving oddly.

SXxjLET.png

I took this image while watching a YouTube video and according to task manager, the usage on two of the cores seem to switch back and forth from each other in an oscillating-like way. Sometimes this happens on different cores but it only happens when I'm watching a video or playing a game.
Overall, temps and voltages seem to be fine for the CPU and the performance seems to be as expected.

Is this behavior normal for my CPU?

Solution
My old ryzen 5 1600 and my current 3900x do the same thing

I don't think its anything abnormal, its just how the CPU handles loads. The loads aren't always evenly split among all cores either so you'll see some cores / threads with high usage while others might be at low usage or 0% usage

Furzumz

Reputable
My old ryzen 5 1600 and my current 3900x do the same thing

I don't think its anything abnormal, its just how the CPU handles loads. The loads aren't always evenly split among all cores either so you'll see some cores / threads with high usage while others might be at low usage or 0% usage

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Hi,
My Ryzen 5 3600 CPU usage is behaving oddly.

SXxjLET.png

I took this image while watching a YouTube video and according to task manager, the usage on two of the cores seem to switch back and forth from each other in an oscillating-like way. Sometimes this happens on different cores but it only happens when I'm watching a video or playing a game.
Overall, temps and voltages seem to be fine for the CPU and the performance seems to be as expected.

Is this behavior normal for my CPU?
It's only reaction on what is going on in the OS and program running, every CPU will do that.