[SOLVED] Weird screen burn

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
I’ve had this problem for a while and it comes and goes (seemingly on how much I use my PC), but theres this really weird band of screen burn on the lower part of my screen that I have no idea how to get rid of. I’d hazard a guess that either my monitor (gn246hl) is acting up or my GPU (1080 ti). Which leads me to believe this may be a better thread for the GPU section as it could be related to the pins. It seems to capture anything in the area after leaving any static imagine in that area (border of YouTube video, application features). Here's a picture from imgur, terrible quality but it’s the best I can do, hopefully that can be even a little helpful in diagnosing this issue. Thanks in advance if I personally forget to do so! View: https://imgur.com/HGjObYI
(greenish-line, easier to see in the gray area).

Solution
Have you tried using another monitor(while the current one is disconnected) with the same display cable to rule out a faulty display, display cable and or your GPU? You might want to see if using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstalling the drivers with the latest off of Nvidia's support site changes your experience.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried using another monitor(while the current one is disconnected) with the same display cable to rule out a faulty display, display cable and or your GPU? You might want to see if using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstalling the drivers with the latest off of Nvidia's support site changes your experience.

Solution