[SOLVED] Weird shutdown under load

May 2, 2021
So i built my PC 1 year ago, and i have this really weird issue. Every time i play a game, it shuts down, usually takes 5-10min. It gets weird because i sent it to multiple PC repair shops and it doesnt shut down even after hours of testing at full load. My pc is placed up on a wall, with good ventilation, no dust. Changed the power outlet and drew energy right from the main Power Panel in the house. Changed the Windows, PSU wire, checked for viruses, updated BIOS, changed the PSU, disabled certain software, rechecked the wires, i dont know what to do anymore. I honestly dont know how it can work under full load in other placed and at my house it shuts down in 5 min. This drives me crazy, if anyone has any ideea please let me know.

Solution
I don't believe power spikes are the issue neither as i stated, a decent PSU should be able to handle it. But you said you tried it in different places with no issue. I'm afraid you're getting "dirty power" from your outlets.
That's your house/apartment's wiring that has issues then. that's considerably harder to identify and fix. Connecting your PC directly to the main panel won't necessarily give you "clean power" And is overall just dangerous.

Investing in a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) might be a good work around for you, it'll give you clean and a consistent power delivery, also protects against power surges.

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Hows your ambient temperature in your room, and what cooling solution do you have in your pc. Could be something as simple as overheating.

What's your PSU brand and rating? bronze, gold, platinum?
If it only seems to do it in your home, it could be powerspikes or insufficient power delivery.
Although bronze rated and above PSU's should be able to handle powerspikes.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Hows your ambient temperature in your room, and what cooling solution do you have in your pc. Could be something as simple as overheating.

What's your PSU brand and rating? bronze, gold, platinum?
If it only seems to do it in your home, it could be powerspikes or insufficient power delivery.

Room temperature is around 25C constantly. The case has 3 fans, i checked the temperatures live until crash with my laptop, nothing was abnormal.
My PSU is : SilentiumPC Supremo FM2, 80+ Gold, 650W
I changed the PSU with a bronze 500W, same problem. I was thinking about the power delivery too, but im connected to the main power outlet in the house, so it shouldnt lack power.

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
I don't believe power spikes are the issue neither as i stated, a decent PSU should be able to handle it. But you said you tried it in different places with no issue. I'm afraid you're getting "dirty power" from your outlets.
That's your house/apartment's wiring that has issues then. that's considerably harder to identify and fix. Connecting your PC directly to the main panel won't necessarily give you "clean power" And is overall just dangerous.

Investing in a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) might be a good work around for you, it'll give you clean and a consistent power delivery, also protects against power surges.

Solution