Question Weird situation with mobile phone and wi-fi connection

Dec 7, 2021
Hey there...

I'm reporting something that sounds really weird to me!

I have a mobile phone, an Oppo Reno 2F, and each time I have a phone call while the phone's wi-fi connection is open, my home wi-fi gets jammed and all devices fail to connect to the router unless I disconnect the device or end the call!
My router is a Huawei HG630 V2 provided to me by my ISP, Telecom Egypt.

I've never seen something like this before! Is it a hardware conflict or some advanced hacking and eavesdropping taking place on my phone?! Did someone here encounter a similar situation?!

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look at the IP addresses being used in your network.

Maybe router and phone have ended up with duplicate IPs. Or some other device is involved.

For example the router's default IP address could be 192.168.0.1 if you or someone else has not changed that.

Reference:

https://www.192-168-0-1login.org/router/huawei/hg630-v2/7974/

No other devices on your network should have 192.168.0.1 as their IP address. Or be a duplicate if the router's IP address has been changed to another IP address.

Dec 7, 2021
Take a look at the IP addresses being used in your network.

Maybe router and phone have ended up with duplicate IPs. Or some other device is involved.

For example the router's default IP address could be 192.168.0.1 if you or someone else has not changed that.

Reference:

https://www.192-168-0-1login.org/router/huawei/hg630-v2/7974/

No other devices on your network should have 192.168.0.1 as their IP address. Or be a duplicate if the router's IP address has been changed to another IP address.

I don't think this is the case here.. All devices are set to DHCP mode for the IP address setting. Therefore, it is very unlikely that any IP conflicts would occur.
This issue takes place only during a phone call. Everything is working normally otherwise, and that's really weird!

Ralston18

Titan
How many devices do you have?

Any Access Points or repeaters?

On the router: did you initially change the default login name and password?

Or set a new login name and password if the router was reset at some time afterwords?

Any devices unexpected, unrecognized, or even now "missing" should be investigated further.