Question Weird situation.

Swa5931

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
kulakphoto.com
Hello,

So im upgrading my computer and running into an issue. The issue is the Z790 pro lights up and runs the watercooler fans with only the 24pin connected but I have 6 other fans and the rest of the motherboard doesn't. So you know I plugged in the two 8pin cpu connectors and fired it up and nothing. No lights, noises, none of the fans are running nothing.

The CPU is brand new the PSU is 850, I have all the wires. The ram is good. I have a new motherboard order since I personally think it's dead but does anyone else have a similar situation like this? Did you figure it out and what it was?

I9-13900KF
ASUS Z790PLUS *ASUS Z790PRO*(ON ORDER)
VENGEANCE DDR5 16 GB X2
RTX 3080
EVGA 850
1 TB HDD
4TB SSD
H1000X WATERCOOLER

Last edited:
Solution
It was a Corsair RMe Series RM850e Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Returned it got a EVGA 1000watt ATX power supply and swapp3d the CPU out and boom started like a pro

Lutfij

Titan
ASUS Z790PLUS
Is this the board you're working with at this moment of time;
?
If so;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...FI_UM_WEB.pdf?model=TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI
Page 3-4, Asus CrashFree BIOS 3, see if that helps revive your platform, but you should use the latest BIOS version for your motehrboard when trying to recover it.

Swa5931

Reputable
Aug 26, 2020
kulakphoto.com
Reporting back tried the PSU in my older computer I think the ATX wires are blown or the psu is blown. It makes a click noise when I turn on my pc and delivers no power. My old pc works no problem at all with a different psu just not this one..weird!