Question Weird situation

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
Intel Core i7 11700f/12tb Seagate Hard Drive/Asus Gt 501 gaming case
Gigabyte z590 Aorus Master Gaming Motherboard
Corsair RM1000E Power Supply/Teamforce Delta DDR4 32GB 3000mhz
Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M2 Drive/ 10tb Seagate Barracuda SATA hard drives
20GB XFX Speedster MERC310 Radeon 7900 XT/ID-Cooling Zoomflow 240X Snow Edition CPU Cooler
LG 27" 4K White Monitor/ID Cooling Zoomflow 3 case Fans

Intel Core 11700K CPU/AMD Radeon 6950 XT
ASUS ROG Maximus XIII HERO Motherboard
32gb of ddr 4 memory/corsair 850 white power supply

I'm trying to fix my brother's computer. It seems to not working at his house and it won't load any of his games. It tries to open the game but it stops running. No error message. Most of the time is a black screen. I have reinstalled windows 11 and reinstalled the video drivers. I have used display driver uninstaller. It works perfectly at my house. It will load all of his games

He seems to think that it's his wifi but I don't think so cause the rest of his house is connected to the internet. Could his outlet be the problem not giving enough power. He did have a power issue with the city inspector. They replaced everything. I tried to get him to try another outlet but he won't do it

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It works perfectly at my house

That is a basic place to start if he is not willing to even try that then not much you can do to help him.

@Zerk2012 is spot on regarding the situation.

Seems the problem has been identified. I have experienced this exact situation before.

In my case, changing to a different PSU (less sensitive to the power outlet issue) made it work. One room, with two outlets, on the same circuit. Worked perfectly fine elsewhere.

Get your brother to agree to an extension cord experiment to use an outlet from elsewhere and see what happens.