Question Weird sound out of gpu

Xeno112

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
I have a 1060 3gb and when i load up a game it sort of makes this croaking noise like there is a frog in my pc. It pretty inconsistent too sometimes it stays there for hours sometimes it never appears. Cleaning my pc rn to hopeully fix the issue but have a feeling it won’t go away. Please help me get the frog out of my graphics card, Thanks.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A frog? That's a new one.

Noise when firing up a game is potentially coil whine, just based on when it happens. If that's what it is, it's not a problem..... Just a bit annoying.
However, I've never heard anybody describe coil whine sounding anything like a frog, so might be something completely different.

Xeno112

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
A frog? That's a new one.

Noise when firing up a game is potentially coil whine, just based on when it happens. If that's what it is, it's not a problem..... Just a bit annoying.
However, I've never heard anybody describe coil whine sounding anything like a frog, so might be something completely different.
I dont think its coil whine i had that on my old gpu and i somehow didn’t go insane the only thing i can think of is maybe a wire or something is hitting the fan but is only loud enough for me to hear it when i launch a game and the fans spin faster. Apart from that I’m all out of ideas

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Anything is possible, but I'm sure what you;re hearing & what I can hear in my head are two different things 😂

If you're already cleaning stuff up, disassembling etc, just see how things go from there.
If you haven't started yet, or the issue persists post-cleaning, maybe record a video/audio of it & post it here?