Question Weird static/beeping noises + video stuttering ? (SOLVED)

Oct 6, 2023
(i think this is the right place to post this! sorry in advance if it isn't!)

everything was working fine the night before.

i restarted my pc when i came home today and found that i was hearing a weird staticy/beeping sound whenever i tried to play anything with audio with these USB headphones i always use. at first, i thought it was my browsers but i found it was any sort of audio/video. if it was a video played, the video's audio would be the same static-y noise + would stutter and lag to the point that seconds would delay to 5-10secs more. i thought the culprit to be my graphics card so i updated its driver but same issue remained.

the only changes i really made the day before was installing Parsec and messing around with my firewall.

what i did/tested today:

• restart pc
  • uninstall and reinstall device in device manager (it's a plug and play headphones though...)
  • updated my bios + amd chipset
  • updated some realtek driver
  • updated my gpu driver
  • updated Windows
  • tried plugging the headphone's USB plug into different slots (did NOT work)
  • also have tried using these headphones on another device (mom's laptop): and it worked just fine
  • with that in mind, also tried a non USB pair of earbuds into the audio jack and that also worked fine

my pc specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

and the headphones in question if that at all matters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V1J36CV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as well an example of the noise i'm hearing + how badly a vid loads:
https://streamable.com/bger8g?src=player-page-share
as soon as i plug in the headphones they lag and make bad audio like above
but as soon as i remove them, audio and video go back to normal

(to note i can play games okay so far; no issues with games loading/opening/playing or fps or anything--just no sound at all when i launch to play something.)

edit: found my solution!

it seems it was the program Parsec indeed (sort of). when you first install Parsec, it asks if you want to also install its virtual usb adapter add-on (some name similar to that) and i thought maybe i needed it for what i was going to do so i installed it.

but once i removed it, everything worked like normal again.

this is why when i tried to restore back to a certain point where things were working, it didn't matter, because the add-on from Parsec was still there.

uninstalling it (and keeping Parsec's base program) made everything work again. how strange!

Last edited: