Weird static noises when loading browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared_31

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Whenever i load a new tab regardless of the browser and my speakers are on it sounds like a static screeching noise??? incredibly annoying when listening to music. even if my music is on a different browser and i load a new tab on a separate browser the music still gets distorted by the static noise. Totally confused as to what could be causing this because the speakers dont do this when i tried them on my laptop.

Relevant Specs

Processor: Intel I3-3210 CPU 3.2 GHZ
Memory: 8 GB Ram
MB: Intel DH67CL

Solution
On some older systems you could pick up noise from other inputs. Try to mute the mic/line in input if you have them.

You may also simply have noise in the audio stream. I find you hear this more on headphones than speakers(unless you crank them up).
On some older systems you could pick up noise from other inputs. Try to mute the mic/line in input if you have them.

You may also simply have noise in the audio stream. I find you hear this more on headphones than speakers(unless you crank them up).

Solution

Jared_31

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Didnt seem to have fixed it, ill give you answer anyway since you were the only person who bothered responding lol. I noticed when i was playing Path of Exile on this machine yesterday it seemed to do the same thing in the game as well...the video even froze up and then ran super fast as if to catch up.

Audio can have its own issues. They can range from a poor power(This is a reason some user use external USB sound cards because they tend to have a built in regulator to filter the power) design to ground loops(these normally only happen when multiple devices are connected together such as a computer with a Cable TV capture device and another device sharing the same amplifier).

If you have other devices connected(powered devices), try the laptop alone on battery.

These things can be a bit of a pain to track down. My Media Center PC has a slight ground loop issue that causes a 60hz hum on my speakers, but if I also add my gaming PC to the mix and start something demanding like folding @ home, I get all kinds of unwanted noise(this is another ground loop issue as far as I can tell it can be reduced with a between the sound card grounds, but this is not an ideal soultion).

Rossputin

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
i know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone else finds it the way I did...

I was getting static/jitter through all audio sources, including USB output and standard speaker output when using a web browser.

After some research I learned that the AMD High Definition Audio Device (found through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers) is responsible for sending audio through the graphics processor's HDMI output. I figured that could be the link between video and audio.

I don't use my HDMI out for audio so I just disabled that device in Device Manager and the problem went away.

Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.