Weird Stuttering (Gmod)

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
Alright so, I had an R9 280x BDDE, and i randomly get microstutters, where the game drops to like 0 fps for a split second, and its so annoying because it makes the game hard to play. I then upgraded to an r9 390 and I still get the same problem. Not sure what is going on, doesn't do it in any other game

Full specs:
i5-7600k
z270m mortar
16GB ddr4 2400mhz
r9 390

Solution
Get that as well, but I've just put it to Gmod.
Usually it happens for me when an add on has just finished downloading and gets processed or something. (enabled/installed?)
If you can log HDD usage at those times, for me the HDD just goes full load for about a second. Sometimes it also just happens at the beginning when you load.

As long as it doesnt happen in other games I'd just put it to a Gmod thing or a certain add on that's doing it.

-Also to note it still happens on an SSD and others machines.

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
Get that as well, but I've just put it to Gmod.
Usually it happens for me when an add on has just finished downloading and gets processed or something. (enabled/installed?)
If you can log HDD usage at those times, for me the HDD just goes full load for about a second. Sometimes it also just happens at the beginning when you load.

As long as it doesnt happen in other games I'd just put it to a Gmod thing or a certain add on that's doing it.

-Also to note it still happens on an SSD and others machines.

Solution