Weird Temperature Spike Issue on Graphics Card.

hotfusion

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Hello,

My friend's Zotac GTX 970 Extreme AMP edition have this weird problem, whenever a graphic intensive task is done such as playing games, the temperature will suddenly rise above 90°C and the fans revs up to 3500+ RPM followed by a thermal throttle.

What's more weird is that when I put this Graphics card on my PC and not his, the problem never arises and even performs much better than my own 970. And also my GPU (Gigabyte 970), if installed on his PC doesn't make any noise either. It seems as if his PC and graphics card has a compatibility issue. Also, I have doubts that the temperature really rises to 90°C+ and looks more like a bug although I unfortunately do not own any external temperature reader to confirm this.

What I have done to solve the problem :
1. Uninstalled the Nvidia driver using DDU uninstaller and then re-install it.
2. Update the motherboard bios to the latest one.

What I want to do but unable to is updating or changing the graphic card bios but I can't find any bios update anywhere.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
in the fisrt screen shot gpu show up to 94 c with a fan speed at 45 % with a 3588 rpm on the other system 79 c with fn speed at 67 % with a 2341 rpm so this one report better do you have another gpu around even a old one to compare between those 2 computer to see if is not a motherboard issue on the first one .

hotfusion

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016

Thank you for your reply. But, I don't really catch what you're trying to say, are you suggesting me to use hwinfo for monitoring? I use and have always used GPU-Z for monitoring.

hotfusion

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016

All right, I will try that and report back. ( I have to switch PC cuz I have only one display monitor XD )

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
in the fisrt screen shot gpu show up to 94 c with a fan speed at 45 % with a 3588 rpm on the other system 79 c with fn speed at 67 % with a 2341 rpm so this one report better do you have another gpu around even a old one to compare between those 2 computer to see if is not a motherboard issue on the first one .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS