Question Weird texture problem in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

I have a very weird issue and so far in my country nobody knows the answer. I hope someone has any idea about it. I have an MSI gtx 1080 TI gaming X videocard and all of the games has excatly the same texture issue. I can say that the card is fine because with the previous one had the same issue. In another computer the card works fine and no texture issues at all. Overall when I am playing the textures appear they look like pixeled. Seems like the texture appear like incorrectly. I will link the video.
I tried reinstall many of the nvidia drivers with ddu. But so far nothing changes.

My Spec:

VGA: MSI Gtx 1080 TI Gaming X
CPU: Intel I7 6700K
MOBO: ASUS Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Hyperx Fury 2666
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 103
PSU: COOLERMASTER G750M RS750-AMAAB1 (750W)
SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SATA3 2.5" MZ-75E500B/EU (windows installed on this)

Link to the problem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYt_Q-6I9tE

Please if anyone has any idea let me know.

Thanks.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
No. It is not Oc'ing at all. I put it inside as it is. But the thing before was an original 1080. And not the Ti. It has done the same thing. Now that is in a new config and no issues at all. Especiallay not like this. :(

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Thats what i am going trough now. I will try if anything has change. Bios I rolled back already-No changes. Nvidia driver installed many versions of that with ddu-No changes. Only one solution has been remained. Reinstall Windows. If doesn't work thats already big question. I had ram test already no issues have been found. Cpu has kind of problem because it has very high temperature. PSU is 4years old. So might be that also problem.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Thats my problem also because it hits right away 80-90celsius when i start the game. Tomorrow i take the computer to make some upgrade. Change the cooler and case for better one which one has better airflow. I change also the PSU because i have the feeling that might be the vga doesnt get enough voltage.

Yeah, those temps are way to high. Could be the cooler isn't mounted correctly or thermal paste has degraded. Also having the most up to date bios is advised, not rolling back to a previous one.

At 4 years old, the CM PSU could be failing. It's not the best PSU but not the worst either. It's warranty has expired I expect, so changing it is a good thing IMO.

The dissappearing tree is a feature not a bug, it allows you to see where are you going, if the tree doesnt dissappear you would walk blindly. That is normal. What it is not normal is the texture on the coast near lake/sea, from what i can see it has something to do with LOD and shadows.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Thats right. And this appears in other games as well which ones have more system requirements than csgo or diablo 3. The last two mentioned games does not has these effects at all. So thats why i think the problem is somewhere in hardware. I talked with someone who has more clue regarding pc build and games and he told me the same as "keith12". Or Cpu or either psu. Btw i decided to upgrade my case so together i will change the psu for bequiet!Straight power 800w and also i replace the cpu cooler for a bequiet!Dark Rock 4.

Lets see what will be the result. I hope i will get finally the solution for the weird problem. For further information and solution i will update you guys. Anyway thanks for your replies.

Thats right. And this appears in other games as well which ones have more system requirements than csgo or diablo 3. The last two mentioned games does not has these effects at all. So thats why i think the problem is somewhere in hardware. I talked with someone who has more clue regarding pc build and games and he told me the same as "keith12". Or Cpu or either psu. Btw i decided to upgrade my case so together i will change the psu for bequiet!Straight power 800w and also i replace the cpu cooler for a bequiet!Dark Rock 4.

Lets see what will be the result. I hope i will get finally the solution for the weird problem. For further information and solution i will update you guys. Anyway thanks for your replies.

You're welcome. Yes, let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.