Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone,
my laptop behaving weirdly in recent days, cause it always do this 'hiccup' every once in a while and never happen before
I tried update nvidia driver, reinstall (?) chipset driver, even uninstall latest win10 update (i thought it messed up my laptop) but none of it worked.
my laptop is msi gl62m 7rex with core i7-7700hq, gtx 1050 ti 4gb, 16gb ddr4 2400mhz, and windows 10 pro x64.

here's what i got from xtu while playing BF1
View: https://imgur.com/hpV5EIm

throttling at 80 degree C

hope you guys can help me.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately updating drivers won't exactly help with high temperatures in the manner you seem to be describing.

Do you have naturally high ambient temperatures?
Have you cleaned the laptop / fans to clear and dust or debris that are constricting air flow?
Where do you usually use the laptop? On your lap on a pillow where air flow is constricted or cooling is limited?

Apr 20, 2019
Unfortunately updating drivers won't exactly help with high temperatures in the manner you seem to be describing.

Do you have naturally high ambient temperatures?
Have you cleaned the laptop / fans to clear and dust or debris that are constricting air flow?
Where do you usually use the laptop? On your lap on a pillow where air flow is constricted or cooling is limited?

I've tried cleaning the fans and I play on my desk using cooling pad, still throttling