Weird things happening after I installed OS on evo 970

Jul 17, 2018
Hey, so I bought a brand new evo 970 ssd 250gb and installed my OS on it. I formatted the computer and started to install drivers, when finish I noticed some problems:
1. When I enter "My PC" I see my HDD, my 2 SSDs and another weird disk named "RamDisk" in the size of about 250mb. What is that thing?

2. My system turns on very slow compared to how fast it should turn on using evo 970 (done ssd benchmarks and it seems like the 970 works well)

3. I updated my bios and some things started to get weird. After I updated it, I got a blue screen with options to turn my computer off/format the system and such. I solved it by going into the bios and change the boot order to evo 970 first and by changing to a mode which let's the bios boot by like 5 steps instead of like 10.

Did I do something that can harm my PC? Should I take it to a local computer store?

System-
Msi z370 gaming 5m
16 ram 3200 corsair
I7 8700
Ssd evo 860
Ssd evo 970 (OS installed on)
Gtx 1070 galax

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Well a ram disk is when a section of your ram is basically partitioned to act like harddrive. A really fast harddrive. Samsung has a feature called rapid mode, which as I understand uses part of your ram to cache files. This could be where the the ram disk is coming from. This would be part of the 860 and not the 970.

That's about the extent of what I know on the subject.

Samsung Magician RAM disks do not work with NVMe drives, and if it did the RAMdisk would not be visible, the problem is elsewhere.

Can You try reinstalling Windows with ONLY the 970 EVO installed?

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
That's why I suggested it was tied in with the 860.

Have you looked in windows disk management? From your start menu, under administrative tools, open up computer management. Under storage you'll see disk management. That should help you determine if this ram disk is part of something else. I don't know if it'll actually show up there or not.

Jul 17, 2018
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the fast answers!

I did install the OS while I only had my evo 970 connected. And yes I did check the windows disk management and doesn't exist there.
Weird right?

Jul 17, 2018

Saw my answer man?