Question Weird ticking?

May 23, 2023
I was hearing this weird mechanical ticking sound since like a week. The card is Asus TUF 3060 Ti GDDR6X which is like a month or so old. I dont think its the fans making the sound because it isnt constant. Seems to happen when lowering the load on the card. It is audible at the 23rd second (one click) and at the 36th (two clicks). I think it comes from the pcb. Should i RMA it? If so, what should i write as the reason? View: https://twitter.com/jajo49948755/status/1661083849181257729?s=46&t=w-DcygokNVMpCznLB2QDhg

First thing to do is verify the noise is being made by the GPU. Does your PC have an integrated GPU? If so, restart your PC and then enter the BIOS/UEFI. Find the setting to enable your integrated GPU (if necessary). Turn off the PC. Unplug the power connector to the GPU card. Now turn on your PC again and observe for the noise. If the noise is gone, then you've determined the GPU was the culprit.

If you are going to RMA, you can tell Asus of your troubleshooting method to determine the card is making the noise, and then explain that the noise is abnormal. Be cautioned, though, an RMA without a performance impact or physical failure may be denied.