Question Weird USB bug

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Hey, so I tried switching a usb port on my mouse to test something.
When I tried plugging it back to the original usb port it wasn't working, so I checked the device manager and it had a warning on it.
When I double clicked, it said device has not been reset/restarted successfully I'm pretty sure or something similar to it.
So I decided to scan for hardware changes and when I clicked it my PC instantly shut down and booted again.

Also got these 2 errors because of it in event viewer. 1 critical and 1 error.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
The previous system shutdown at 22:30:07 on ‎28/‎06/‎2024 was unexpected.

Any ideas? Is this normal to be happening ?

b650 aorus elite ax
ryzen 5 7600x
ddr5 6000mhz 32gb(2x16)
rtx 4060
750w be quiet 11 platinum

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Have you checked to see if your OS is pending an update? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to manually reinstall the latest chipset drivers sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command. See if disabling the iGPU in BIOS helps you out.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Have you checked to see if your OS is pending an update? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Might want to manually reinstall the latest chipset drivers sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command. See if disabling the iGPU in BIOS helps you out.
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have any updates pending. I'm on the latest bios f30.
I've tried every chipset driver there is but the same happens, iGPU is disabled.
Just wanna make sure it doesn't affect my usb devices because my mouse feels slower at times, seems odd either way.

Last edited: