Question Weird usb situation

Some1helpme

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Hello everyone, I got a strange problem.

So I have my pc in my room with a 55in tv, we’ll I have bigger 4k high dollar tv that everything looks so much better on in the living room. I’ve ran an optical hdmi and two usb extension from pc in the bedroom to my living room. All 3 are 50ft. Hdmi works perfectly fine 4k and audio and everything. One usb extension is for keyboard and mouse. Ran a separate one dedicated for my Xbox controller adapter. (Ran 2nd usb because first one was doing the problem too, thought it would fix it but didn’t.)

The problem:
When I turn pc on the usb gives the connect disconnect sound constantly. Never will connect. If I go to the pc, plug and unplug the Xbox controller usb extension about 1000 times really quickly it works eventually. Once it manages to stay connected it works perfectly. Other usb, the one with mouse and keyboard, works perfectly from get go every time. Just the Xbox adapter one doesn’t. Had the old Xbox adapter and did it, got the new revised version and also does it. Any ideas?

Some1helpme

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

Usb cables have an effective length of around 10-16 feet, anything longer than that has to be self-powered to keep the signal strong enough.
This was one of the issues I ran into when researching cables. The ones I got have built in signal repeaters. And like I said it works perfectly fine once it does manage to connect. If it was power it shouldn’t work at all.

TRENDING THREADS