Weird Wake-up Behavior

May 26, 2018
Hello,
I am experiencing a really weird wake-up behavior on my 2nd generation i7-2600k PC, which randomly wakes up from sleep mode for no reason at all sometimes, but mostly at power surge (which I hoped the UPS would mitigate), or when another switch is pressed in the room (yes, in the whole room, like charging mobile, turning the light or fan on/off, even on a different switch board). Honestly, I have had similar issues since I built the PC 7-8 years back, but it got a whole lot weirder recently as I installed a remote switch system to turn light/fans on/off, and it still wakes up the PC while it is on sleep mode.

I am aware of certain wake-up behaviors that can be turned off on the motherboard, and have tried all that with no luck. I changed the SMPS a few months after I built the PC, while installing the graphics card, but think that the issue was present when the previous SMPS was installed. I also had bad luck with the UPS and had to change it 2-3 times, including once a double battery 1KV UPS from Microtek. I have tested it with different keyboard-mouse as well. Also, I now live in a different apartment than the one I first had the issue years back.

What I'm trying to say is that in the past few years I have checked all possible reasons that I could think of for this issue, and also have changed much of the peripherals/outside options. However, the issue persists, and while I didn't pay much attention to it previously, it is getting very irritating as I am going through a treatment now and find it difficult to put it back to sleep once it wakes up randomly.

Can anyone point me to possible reasons behind this, and if possible a solution to this?

PC configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-M PRO
16 GB RAM (4x4GB)
Graphics Card: NVidia GTX 560 Ti (installed a few months after the base system upgrade)
Cooler Master SMPS 650VA (installed with the graphics card)
Currently using cheap UPS as previously had a bad experience with a pricier one.

May 26, 2018
Nothing at all? I'm not sure where else to go with the problem. I can understand it is highly unusual, but at least some pointers on which devices might interfere with this could have helped.