Question Weird way to make my motherboard detects my GPU

Nov 24, 2021
was trying to hop on to my pc, no signal, i have to use onboard to log in to windows, succeed,I open up "run" and do the command shutdown -s -t 10, after waiting for 10 seconds, my pc off, and if i try to turn on my pc again, it actually detects my gpu,so i moved the cable from onboard graphics to my rx 570 it worked normally after, sry bad english,I just have to do this everytime i wanna use my computer. what do i do?

edit: my pc still won't detect my gpu if i do the normal shutdown, and so thats why i do the run command ting

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
It may help to have system specs.

BTW, a friend of mine gave me an RX580 due to a similar if not identical reason - cannot boot using the GPU, works fine when booting from IGP. My guess would be a buggy or corrupt vBIOS. If you got the GPU second-hand, it may have a modified mining BIOS.

Nov 24, 2021
It may help to have system specs.

BTW, a friend of mine gave me an RX580 due to a similar if not identical reason - cannot boot using the GPU, works fine when booting from IGP. My guess would be a buggy or corrupt vBIOS. If you got the GPU second-hand, it may have a modified mining BIOS.
rx570,
i5 4590

and yes i got the gpu second-hand

InvalidError

Titan
Well, I just downloaded what should be the factory BIOS from TPU's archive, compared it against the BIOS dump from the card, got a handful of differences, flashed the card with the downloaded BIOS and I got the BIOS screen from the RX580.

Re-flashing appears to have fixed it for me.

Nov 24, 2021
Well, I just downloaded what should be the factory BIOS from TPU's archive, compared it against the BIOS dump from the card, got a handful of differences, flashed the card with the downloaded BIOS and I got the BIOS screen from the RX580.

Re-flashing appears to have fixed it for me.
i could try that... thanks for answering. I'll give an update if i got something from it

TRENDING THREADS