[SOLVED] Weird Wifi problem on asus TUF

Dalgomz

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
I bought an asus TUF Fx505-dt some weeks ago, it came with Endless OS by factory so I formatted the hdd and made a fresh install of Windows 10. I usually play online games, It's my first gaming laptop and it works great, but on random moments the wifi disconnects for 1 to 3 seconds, usually mid-game, it doesn't drop me off the matches or stop downloads, just like a 3k ms lag spike, but windows taskbar shows the "disconnected" icon on the time it disconnects, I had updated drivers and BIOS, it was worthless, don't know how to fix the issue, its not critical as it happens randomly once every 2 or 3 hours ans its the only one problem that I have, but I'd like to fix it

Solution
Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version 314 at the moment of this writing? See if reinstalling your OS changes the issue. By reinstalling, I mean recreating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Once the OS is installed, do not connect to the internet and manually install all drivers(you'd manually downloaded from Asus's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also look towards your wireless router to see if that has any firmware updates pending.

Lutfij

Titan
Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version 314 at the moment of this writing? See if reinstalling your OS changes the issue. By reinstalling, I mean recreating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Once the OS is installed, do not connect to the internet and manually install all drivers(you'd manually downloaded from Asus's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also look towards your wireless router to see if that has any firmware updates pending.

Solution