Question Weird wifi settings please help

Nov 1, 2020
I am living at my uncle's house to take care of his kids as he is hospitalized. I know the password to his wifi named let's say for short TP-LINK.
When I connected to the wifi, it said no internet. Then I turned off wifi and turned back on and it connected.
Then later when I tried to reconnect several times by turning off and on, it always said no internet. So I went to the wifi browser page and it said there that Wan port is unplugged.
Then after sometime I tried again from different location and it connected. So I again went to the wifi page to see what was different. Even though I connected to the wifi name Tp-Link
The wireless section showed a different ssid "random wifi" and a different password. So I noted that password.
I noticed in my phone s available wifi list 4 wifis.
The original tp link,
Random wifi,
Random 2.4 wifi, and
Random 5 wifi.
The password for the last 3 were same.
It sometimes connects to the internet and sometimes doesn't.
If I go near the strong wifi connection, I can connect and use it anywhere once connected with internet. Otherwise in other location it always says no internet even if signal is good.
I don't know why he has 4 routers or just 1 with so many different settings.
Also when there is internet, the address of the wifi page is 192.168.0.1 and when there is no internet the gateway is 192.168.1.1. This is so weird please help!!!

The router likely uses both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless frequencies, depending on which is less crowded. The 2.4 GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. The 5 GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds.

Nov 1, 2020
The router likely uses both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless frequencies, depending on which is less crowded. The 2.4 GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. The 5 GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds.
I dont think your read or understood my query. I think he has some bridge setup with at least 2 or 3 routers.

TRENDING THREADS