[SOLVED] Weirdest PC issue

Nov 27, 2019
Hi guys

So I have a very weird PC issue I just cannot wrap my head around.

I have my PC for about a year now, bought second hand, but still good working condition, etc.

From the first day I had issues starting her up at home.

It would eventually start after a long struggle and once shut down, the process started all over again.

I took it into a repair shop and they sorted it right out, working 100% at their shop.

Then as soon as I get home, it just does not want to start up again.

I have tried plugging it in at multiple plug points at home and it still does not want to start.

Back to repair shop and fires up immediately again.

All plugs at home also work 100% even when stress testing the plug point by putting multiple appliances in at the same time.

Any thoughts of what could be causing this issue?

Solution
Hi guys

I have my PC for about a year now, bought second hand, but still good working condition, etc.

It would eventually start after a long struggle and once shut down, the process started all over again.

I took it into a repair shop and they sorted it right out, working 100% at their shop.

I have tried plugging it in at multiple plug points at home and it still does not want to start.

All plugs at home also work 100% even when stress testing the plug point by putting multiple...
Hi guys

All plugs at home also work 100% even when stress testing the plug point by putting multiple appliances in at the same time.

Did you check voltage in those plugs ?

Nov 27, 2019
what exactly do you mean by this?
post screen is taking a long time to show up or to pass, Windows is taking a long time to load, hardware is taking a long time to start-up, system is getting no power until after multiple attempts at powering on, etc?

and please post your system specs

AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb ram, Nvidia 760 gtx ; Western digital blue 250gb ssd
I also added 2x extra 1.5tb harddrives from a previous PC.

The comment you mention I was referring to multiple efforts to try start the PC, eventually giving up, coming back the next day to try again, etc, etc. and one day out of the blue it will just start up again.

Example, one day it started after holding the power button in for about 30sec.

But this trick only worked once.

shivababbli

Distinguished
Hi guys

Try to swap the power button connecter with restart button in Mobo end and try to boot using the restart button.... Maybe there is a problem with the button

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Solution