Question weird''flickering'' after installing new gpu

Jul 26, 2020
installed new gpu 4 days ago and since then i get this weird flickering after gaming for about 30 mins i can stop it by changing the refresh rate and then changing it back and it stops but it comesback after like 2 3 hours.
video of the flickers.
View: https://youtu.be/v9N6zrgGrkY

specs:
psu v500 v2 antec
asus h170 pro gaming MB
i5 6500
gtx 1660 super

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What refresh rates: flicker and no flicker?

My thought is that if you must wait 2 - 3 hours the problem may be heat related.

Takes time to cool down.

GPU and PSU are both suspect.

500 Watt PSU - correct?

Total up the system's wattage requirements and/or use some online calculators.

How close is the total system wattage to 500 watts?

Jul 26, 2020
i have a 60 herz monitor so i am just changing it to 50 and then back to 60. i also found out that just turning off and on the monitor stops the flickering.
i checked on sevral online calculators and the wattage is max 430
but for 2 of them i had to pick an 1660 ti because there was no 1660 super there

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
i have a 60 herz monitor so i am just changing it to 50 and then back to 60. i also found out that just turning off and on the monitor stops the flickering.
i checked on sevral online calculators and the wattage is max 430
but for 2 of them i had to pick an 1660 ti because there was no 1660 super there
Try another display port or it can be the cable; Try a different DP cable.

psilokamenos

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
try your gpu in another pc (a friend pc or something if the same thing is happening then the gpu is faulty)

i had the same problem but after 10 minutes of those weird flickering my pc was crashing and then rebooting
the problem was with the heat, weirldy enough when my gpu was reaching 35c thats when the flickering was starting and after a while pc crashes.
i tried lot of thing , changing pcie slot , underclocking gpu etc
i had the warranty though and they replaced my gpu with a new one, well i suggest you to send your gpu with warranty (if you have warranty) and the first stage is that the determine if your gpu is faulty
and then they will replace it with a new one.