Question Welcome Screen

zplugger

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Is there a way to shut this down so computer boots straight to desktop? Tried couple different thing and nothing works. Just want simple boot to desktop.
Thanks for any suggestions

USAFRet

Titan
Is there a way to shut this down so computer boots straight to desktop? Tried couple different thing and nothing works. Just want simple boot to desktop.
Thanks for any suggestions
Have a local account with no password.
Shutting down from that account, Windows will default open with that account, and proceed directly to the desktop.

Obviously, this is not a good option if there are multiple people in the house who may use this system.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Look at Netplwiz utility. It does exactly what you're asking about. It'll let you put in the password and go straight to the desktop automatically. As noted above, this is not a good idea for a shared system. But if you're the only one using it, then no problem

USAFRet

Titan
did not work, I want to boot to the desktop only, no welcome screen at all. Must be a hack around this.
My comment above - a Local Standard account with no password, does exactly this.
Yes, there is a couple seconds of 'log in screen'. And then it goes directly the desktop, with no user action needed.

Press the power button, wait a few seconds, desktop.
Both Win 10 and 11.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

USAFRet

Titan

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it will pause on the "log in screen" no matter what. not found a way around that. all the "hacks" or work arounds simply auto login for you, but it still has to pass the log in screen for this to happen.

no way around this i have ever seen. you're just gonna have to suck it up for that second or 2...