Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 24, 2018
Goeien avond Saga. Bij ...gaardenier..., denk aan boomgaard, wijngaard (wineyard), enz. Wel met twee letters a.
Waarschijnlijk haal ik hier wel de beste resultaten door in het Engels te schrijven, niet?

OK - I'll just stick to English. :D

Feb 24, 2018
Hi, everyone. My name is gabrielsobec and I recently start taking a course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". So, I'm to expand my knowledge.

Feb 26, 2018
Hi, I'm kathyleads, mostly clueless about this stuff, but a fast learner. I grew up with manual typewriters, so you know where I'm coming from! Thanks for the welcome.

Feb 27, 2018
Howdy how are ya now. Predominantly on my cellular, want to get a half decent computer so I can get rid of the smart telephone as I am often reading history or fictional alternate history. With that out of the way, I am 24 years old and a petrol station clerk, recently decided to build a budget rig from a prebuilt i5 office rig. I got the idea from watching greenhamgaming on the youtube, I want to get on the market and look for a gtx 750 ti, been watching eBay and seen them go from 70 for basic to 120 for a superclocked. Also I love Linux but am a novice, jumped the gun on the tower I bought so I'm limited to 8gigs if ram on the mobo.  I was in to computers as a kid for games like battle ship surface thunder, age of empires 2, medieval 2 total war, army men and the original fallout, ran linux for a little bit on my ps2.

I am hoping to dual boot, I get motion sickness at high fps, and ps3 was my favorite generation, I am more than happy with 30fps and 720p. Mostly want to build for rts and turn based games. A few fps games just to play with friends, not much into them.

Also would like to gain knowledge, as I just got into computers again when I moved into a new flat last year, lease almost up now, but I found an emachines xp in the basement and got a graphics card and maxed out the ram to 4gbs because the mobo was rated for 64x bit os, yet during installs would constantly crash, so now I think I'll turn it into a emulation box, in 32 bit mode I can't get the gpu to output the picture without it being distorted. I mainly want to learn, find good deals on the market and get better with linux as I love the feeling of success that comes with Wine when I get a windows game to run.

I love reading forums and have a linux mint account for their forums that I have never made a post in, I know it's Ubuntu with a cinnamon desktop. I want to run an Android emulator so I can use the app Imo to talk with family and friends as I am a bit paranoid and distrustful of tech giants like Google and microsoft or Apple.

I know I am all over the place with my first post, just ADD and lots to get out, very excited to be here, also anyone have a prefered VPN or is that against the rules? Very interested in learning about block chains and peer to peer and cloud computing. I plan to build a better rig in a year or so, saving up for trade school to get out of retail and warehouse/ grunt labor. Aiming and hoping for highwire electrician.

I hope to get along and learn alot here and to be as active in the forums as I was as a teenager back in the SEGASATURN.co.uk forums.

If I broke any rules please edit my post or message me, I read the rules, well some of the site rules, different sets for different activities I noticed. If I get off on the wrong foot, please give me a chance to correct and improve, I'm rather nervous.

Fun fact about me, I love anime, polka, k-pop, early 00's to 60's music, I own an accordion but it's a family heirloom and a couple sizes to small for me to actually learn to play. I am a Yooper living in Virginia and always mistaken by the locals as being Canadian. Laughably sad to be viewed as a foreigner in my own country.

enigma1987

Honorable
Feb 28, 2018
Hey everyone! Every time I have a tech question and search google I always seem to find myself on here so figured Id make an account finally.

Mar 1, 2018
Hi! Its me, Maheer I love computers. I am just like a tech newbie. I can also help in solving small issues.
By the way, I always come to toms hardware for help, which is the reason why I logged in here!
See you later!

Mar 5, 2018
Greetings! I just joined this place with a question as my first post. At the time of posting I'm running a half-decent Windows 7 machine and seek to get a new one that isn't one of those prebuilt PCs you find in stores... as soon as I amass a budget I can use to purchase all the right parts. Let's see how long that'll take.
I don't know how much I'll participate in discussions though, but I'll definitely have a look around and ask about computer things if there's something I don't get.

bs1988

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018
Hi I'm Whidy, I always meet some wierd problem needs help, so I come to here to study form Tom.
I am Chinese , my english is not well, thx :D

Mar 7, 2018
Hello
I am Beno 27 years old, i love technology and computing, so i come here to learn more and help if i can, very exiting to be here with all of you.

Mar 7, 2018
Hi am norm
I have a power generation background
Primarily electromechanical
I will reply to questions that have worked for me
This is a awesome site

Mar 10, 2018
Hello, im Will, 37 got 7 kids, been into pc's as long as i can remember, when i was younger i used to spend my days building them up for friends. Kind of lost touch over the last few years though so trying to get back into it again.

Little known fact: i wore my lime green baseball cap for 12 years :)

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I've been a geek since long before it was cool to to be a geek (it is, now, right?) - my first computer was a TRS-80...

Also, I was using internet protocol on an academic network called JANET in the UK, before it became the Internet. I now live in Silicon Beach (Southern California) after a stint in Silicon Valley.

I wouldn't say I've been lurking here but it seems I often land on this site when looking for tech answers so it's about time I became a member.

Something about me? We love black cats and have three fluffy black rescues (because it's difficult to get black cats adopted). I'll post some pics at some point because, after all, pictures and videos of cats is what the Internet was invented for...

Cheers,

AstroKat