Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrobson83

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone! I’m Mark. I’m a Field Environmental Geologist and novice PC builder working on my first Tower build.

ftutone

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Hi,
I'm Frank and I tried to do this yesterday but it didn't post for some reason. I'm a retired ex-IBMer with a degree in math/computer science. I'm the guy in my family and amongst my friends that everyone asks computer questions. Have been using forums for years but stumbled upon this one from the Toshiba Forum where I was looking for some info on their Dynadock product. See my post in Systems regarding Dynadock and Ethernet.
Looking forward to learning new things here and hopefully helping out others with answers to their questions.

aroosha.jamshaid

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Oct 31, 2017
Hello all, im cody, im pretty new to the computer world but hoping to learn as much about it as i can. im a junior in high school and my current pc is a dell latitude e6430 with a 1600x900 display. i naturally use an external monitor as well due to the fact that 14 inch is a little bit small. ive been looking into maybe building a solid rig at some point im quite color oriented and i like red and black color schemes. but the linus tech orange and black looks fantastic as well. oh and my laptop has an i5 3210m processor at 2.50 GHz base with turbo supposedly up to 3.10 GHz. not an overly powerful system but im able to run some lightweight games on it, and i can run some cad software on it. any tips on performance enhancement would be appreciated. thanks all. also im 17 and dont have much money so dont go saying i need any of the crazy graphics cards haha.

paulursu72

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Hello everyone, I am Paul, I am new here, the forum looks very interesting so far and I'll stick around for a while.

lyingriotman

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Hey, I just joined after reading a lot of your posts during my researching phase. I was looking for computer parts and checking terminology and what not, and stumbled on to this gold mine. I hope I can fit in here with the other nerds on the internet and get to know some of you.

I may be a newbie, but I'm sure I'll be able to help at least some people in the future with my acquired knowledge of problems - As most of them happen to me ;)

spacekomodo

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm Matt and am working on putting together a new computer for the first time! This site has been a HUGE help in understanding what has (to me) been a colossal undertaking, and I'm hoping to learn enough to at least see the startup screen when the time comes. I'm currently hoping to sell my Z270 motherboard to get the Z370 (I bought way too early)- right now I'm between an MSI Pro Carbon and Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING.

Looking forward to learning lots more going forward!

petrusihemba97

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Hellow over there! Apparently I am Petrus mutero. I don't know how to operate phone lock patterns, and that is why I am concern.

jameslee10570

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Petrus. You draw a pattern from dot to dot any way you want. Then draw it again on the confirmation. Remember how you drew it . Then select save as lock screen pattern. That is how you draw it to unlock it when the phone goes to sleep or you shut it down or simply lock it by pressing the off button quickly.
By the way you have an accent. Where are you from?

rim_molder

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
I've been using home computers since 1986 when working at Bell Labs. Learned a lot form friends there, and have been building or fixing the occasional computer for friends ever since. I've always found unique solutions to problems, such as putting a VGA card in my AT&T PC 6300 (which only supported it's own built in card) when it was thought to be impossible.
Self taught, I just keep using what I've got and learning how to improve it for my needs or for other people. No real programming, don't do gaming, but I do run several websites for friends.

boity

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Hello! I'm Boity. Pleasure to meet all of you and Join the forums.
I love gaming. I love to collect sneakers (once had over 85 pairs!) sold most of them for profit to help my computer addiction.
I keep aquatic pets such as fish and inverts, I love freshwater shrimp they're such an easy to take care of pet.