[SOLVED] Well I have no idea what that is LOL

Nov 11, 2021
What is this pls.
273222086_1094481767788376_7942605441129250476_n.png

Nov 11, 2021
May I ask a question that's been fricking my head for the last 23 minutes? Are there speakers built in pc cases? And are there any cables AT ALL that has function (other than RGB) in an empty NO PSU case. Like a brand new case, does it have like cables for like it's usb, it's audio and mic jacks, it's power and reset button? pls answer I got no clue

May I ask a question that's been fricking my head for the last 23 minutes? Are there speakers built in pc cases? And are there any cables AT ALL that has function (other than RGB) in an empty NO PSU case. Like a brand new case, does it have like cables for like it's usb, it's audio and mic jacks, it's power and reset button? pls answer I got no clue
spekares arent there, you have to purchase some

Wait huh, does that mean even if I put a motherboard in that baby it won't output crispy sheetos sounds? WOT
nope, no sound at all, you have to connect pc speaker if you want to hear that lovely retro sounds
it may come with PC case...but lately due mainboard having debug leds or full blown LCD displays, its kinda rare to see it
Oh you're right. I can see fan 1, fan2, fan 3. but does that like come with the case or...
if its showcased, then it should be bundled with case

Nov 11, 2021
Like does it come out of the motherboard? of the case? Like does it need cables for it to actually play sound? and those cables are plugged in some kind of speaker built in? also don't confuse sound with noise, by sound i mean the kind of sound you hear in a linus tech tips video

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
When a software app generates audio the applicable electrical signals are sent to a speaker.

And cables are likely needed somewhere along the path....

Most computers have multiple ports for audio input and output. On the back I/O panel and on the front of the case.

Wireless via Bluetooth can also used.

There may or may not be a small built in motherboard speaker. However there is likely a connector available to plug in a small speaker.

= = = =

If you are trying to figure out what you computer has then more information is needed.

Make and model computer?

Make and model motherboard?

Is there a sound card installed?

Do you hear any beeps when the computer boots up?

Do you have speakers connected to the motherboard? Or are using headphones/headset?

Or do you hear audio via monitor/TV speakers. Or a soundbar even?

Look in Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs: What devices are listed there?

(Note: under the View tab ensure that "Show hidden devices" is checked.)

You can also right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so will open up a menu with multiple audio related choices. Each choice leads, in turn to multiple windows, tabs, and audio related properties.