[SOLVED] Well would appreciate some help picking a new monitor. Pc specs in post and what I'm hoping for.

WanderMoon

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
Nvidia 3060
i9 @ 5ghz
32gig 4000mhz ram
Asus Tuf Z590

I'm only partly tech savvy and I have no idea if just my gpu is what will determine how well my monitor can run or what. Monitors are one thing that I'm not really sure what to get and I did just spend a few hours looking, but so many mixed reviews and options have me a bit overwhelmed. So I am really not looking forward to hunting for one.

Would like a 27inch, maybe 30 if the price is reasonable, at 144hz or higher. I don't think 240hz would be in my budget which is $200-400.

I will primarily be using it for gaming, never movies, I have a large 4k samsung for that. Though I might do a bit of video recording/editing not sure if that would effect what monitor to get.

I don't know if I want 1080 or 1440. Only because a lot of people on reddit were saying their 1440 monitors seemed to be blurry, but I'm sure some of you are more knowledgeable.

Also this will be my main display and I live in usa.

/edit Oh I forgot I don't like curved monitors.

Would appreciate some recommendations at different prices within that 200-400 range. I'm not looking to cheap out, but I also would prefer not to spend my max budget. Though I still might. Well to be entirely honest if I do get one closer to my max budget I will probably be trying to find a deal on it somehow. I think I would prefer a balance between color/visuals and response times, but I am leaning more towards quicker response timing. If its possible to get a monitor that looks great visually without sacrificing too much on response that would be killer. Again thanks for any help/suggestions.

Solution
If you're on a 3060 and don't intend to upgrade the GPU for a couple of generations, you should stick with a high refresh rate 1080p panel. What sort of titles/genres do you want to tax the monitor with? I've put together a short list with your refresh rate in mind but didn't dial down on the resolution of the panel, let alone the panel type.

WanderMoon

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
If you're on a 3060 and don't intend to upgrade the GPU for a couple of generations, you should stick with a high refresh rate 1080p panel. What sort of titles/genres do you want to tax the monitor with? I've put together a short list with your refresh rate in mind but didn't dial down on the resolution of the panel, let alone the panel type.

I play a bit of everything. It's hard to say. I do often pick up new games and I like to be able to play on at least high or ultra if I can. So far this pc has handled everything just fine on ultra settings. I only built it about 6months ago and my motherboard makes overclocking pretty easy. I probably will upgrade my gpu in the future depending on the market/availability of gpus. Sadly I paid scalper price for my 3060.

I play both single player and pvp games, more so pvp. Also a bit of an older game that requires really accurate mouse movement/clicking. I'm not sure if the monitors refresh rate would effect that. I have my mouse set up in a custom way to have perfect muscle memory for that game.

But I suppose I could just buy a better monitor when I do upgrade my gpu. I just need a fairly decent one for my current system. Cause I screwed up the other day, was a little careless and my monitor broke. I can technically still use it if I played games in windowed mode and kept the game window outside the lines and crap.
But I'd rather just buy a new one. That one was like a really cheap acer.

I appreciate you taking the time to put a list together and I'll check it out. Thanks man.