Question Went from 70-100 fps to 20-25 and cant go back.

Sep 12, 2019
I've been playing CS:GO on an laptop i had lying around after i had fixed it.
The laptop had a bad HDD that need replacing, but that shouldn't have much to do with its current problem i think.
Once i performed a clean installation of Windows 10 Home edition Cs go ran very well at 70-100 fps and was very smooth .But after a while i had a major fps drop like 20-30 fps with constant stuttering and no matter what i do i cant seem to get the fps back up.
Shortly after i ran into a problem where i had to do another clean installation of windows and that fixed the problem temporarily. I'm now back in the same place with 20-30 fps.

I've had to do another fresh install of windows and everything was working fine, i downloaded some apps: chrome, steam, csgo, java, and AMD Adrenalin(19.5.2). Once everything was installed i ran up csgo and everything was great for awhile. Unfortunately days later i had the same issue where out of the blue my computers performance plummeted .
My Cs go Setting Are All set to the lowest setting in 4:3 aspect ratio which sometimes gets stretched. I also play offline with bots on alpha map to maximize fps.
For those who might be wondering why i even bother, i use cs go to warm up my aim so i can play other games on a separate desktop or M&K supported games on console.

Computer Specs:
HP 15-f387wm
CPU: A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics
Ram 4 GB( was 12 But i removed the second module(8GB) which comes from a different manufactuer(Kingston) as i thought that was the culprit, both ram modules are compatible with one another"Also, removing the second module didn't affect performance.

Things I've tried:
-Going into AMD Radeon Settings and adjusting all for maximum performance
-Set windows to High Performance
-Set AMD graphics profile to optimize for best performance
-Set windows animation setting for best performance
-Reinstalling AMD video drivers

Sep 12, 2019
Raise it in Bios.
i Probably should've mentioned I cant find any gpu related setting in my BIOS menu which is why i turned to DxDiag.
I there a way i can do this with the OS?

Edit: I actually don't have an Advance tab in my bios settings and after some quick looking up, i don't think ill be able to access it.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019
I checked internet videos and nobody has 75-100fps on cs go with that card, they have 40fps on 720p on low settings. You never had 100fps.
I just watched some youtube videos on my gpu in csgo and you're absolutely right, they barely managef just of 30 fps, except i play on 720p Low settings on ALPHA maps which really increase graphics performance. besides that's redundant, i'm trying to fix my fps not try to prove what fps I can achieve.