Western Digital Launches Wi-Fi Network Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey, can i advertise my products on here too? I've got a nice set of schweaty balls i'm looking to offload on some lucky lady.

It's ok, you can call it news, i won't tell anyone.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Despite the lack of taste of the prior comment, I think the guy has a point.
This isn't that much of a new.

HOWEVER, its great to see advances from WD in the connectivity area. As one of the founders of storage and transfer methods (Parallel-ATA, and other related protocols) its a huge gap you must fill right now. Sure, the guys at WD make IMO the best hard drives, but what about linking together your storage to make it actually work?

Networking is closely tied to storage.
Glad to hear about this, even if it isnt really news, is relevant for the company.

sun-devil99

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I don't view the lack of a USB port as a short coming. I suppose that is because my router (Linksys E3200) already has a USB port which has connected a 500 GB WD My Book external drive.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
other extenders cut the data transfer speeds in half which is FAIL by design... and a waste of money to boot.

you're better off using a second router... there are guides on the internet on how to do this.
p.s. this article (advertisement) reads like it was written by someone who is computer illiterate (WD marketing dept)

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
wha??? no usb port... how dumb. It's trash, wouldn't pay for this plastic tonka toy. I agree that just buy another router and set it up as gateway. I've done it and it works.... can't believe they try to push this out w/out a USB port.... how friggin lame can ya get. WD ....YOU KNOW BETTER!

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Lets just hope its not the code junkie kiddy's behind the WDLive Plus because if they are, I wouldn't give
this device to anyone. I have little or no hope on devices like this coming from WD Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.