Western Digital Offers External Gaming Console Storage With My Passport X

Status
Not open for further replies.

liffie

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
I was going to say the same thing lol Sony lets you swap out your hard drive and it doesn't void your warranty. I have a couple buddies who have and when I finally decide to pick one up I will be doing the same.

gizmogamez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
How is this different then any other ext HDD that is USB 3? to me it sounds like the only step you are saving is that it's already formatted.
is there more to it?

marthisdil

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Sony may let you swap out the hard drive and not void your warranty, but, since it's Sony, you're stuck with Cinavia...hope you're enjoying that!

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Captain Obvious to the rescue!

"The My Passport X features USB 3.0 and a whopping 2 TB of storage. The large amount of space should be ample room for a number of titles; paired with the 500 GB of in-console storage, it gives you a total of 2.5 TB."

I was always bad at maths - glad that was added to the article. Thanks!

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Considering the Microsoft recommends using an externally powered drive for expanding Xbox One storage, it makes more sense to use a 3.5" drive and either get a much lower price for 2 TB or more capacity for the same price. Personally, I have a 3 TB external that was less than $100 a year ago.

I think the author of this article made a mistake in saying people use larger HDD's for storing space hungry games and using an SSD for the OS. That defeats most of the purpose for most users which game to switch to SSD.

Everyone i know stores all their games and OS on the SSD, they store everything else on a large optical drive, like music, videos, data files etc.... This is because maps, textures, and ultimately levels load much faster and get you into the action much sooner.

aweg

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Wow, article about web encryption yet I get an error on https://tomshardware.com:

www.tomshardware.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.akamaihd.net, *.akamaihd-staging.net, a248.e.akamai.net, *.akamaized.net, *.akamaized-staging.net

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

glassice

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
well, i have a PS4, swapping HDD is not an issue for me cause it's easy, plus, for now i only have 4 games not much

Status
Not open for further replies.